Off Remote lets you turn off, lock, sleep, log off and restart a PC or Mac directly from your iDevice.
Forgot to turn off the office computer? No need to get up. Want to stop the kid's marathon computer sessions? Do it remotely.
The timer function lets you set Off to trigger up to 24 hours in the future so you can set a computer to automatically turn off after a task such as completing a download or upload or to automatically lock at a certain time to limit a child's screen time.
If you want to know whether the computers in your house are turned off - you can check from your iDevice.
If you use a computer to stream videos or audio to your living room, then you can turn it off when you are finished without getting out of the sofa.
If you forget to turn things off at night then you can turn them off from wherever you are in the house.
It's simple to use. It's very handy. It saves you the effort of walking to your computer!
• Features •
- Turn Off, Lock, Restart, Log off, Sleep and Hibernate (not all computers can hibernate).
- Easily turn off your computer from anywhere in your house.
- Send a message before you turn the computer off 'Go to bed - it's past your bedtime!'
- Control any number of computers on your home network.
- Simple set up - Off Remote uses the same technology as the iTunes remote to connect over your local network to the helper on your computer.
- Automatically discovers your computers in your local network.
- Password protection makes sure that only you can turn off your computers!
- Supports Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac OS 10.5 Intel or higher.
- Universal app is compatible with iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
• Reviews •
“Off is a brilliant yet simple app that allows me to easily control the power state of all the PCs in my house. It also lets me check to make sure that when my daughter assures me she turned her computer off, that she really did.”
“Very simple and easy to setup. When I say simple I didn't have to set anything up. Just install the server and the app picked up my laptop straight away. All the buttons worked, it's amazing. No more having to get out if bed to turn the laptop off for the night.”
'..it's the least you can do for the environment.' App Of My Eye.
“such a simple program yet it's so handy at work and home I use It every day! and it's cool to be able to turn ur pc/mac off from your iPhone or iPod :D”
“We often end up PC's being left on overnight and this app has helped us manage this ... We have several wireless music senders dotted around the house also which feed off the desktop PC in the dining room. I've added iTunes to the startup menu on that PC and can restart the PC using this app ... once restarted I can then switch to my iTunes remote and start listening to my music without having to tramp downstairs.”
• System Requirements •
- Supports Windows, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Supports Mac OS 10.7 and above
• Response to feedback •
-If you do have any problems using Off, then please just check the help instructions in the app. Feel free to drop me an email (my personal mail is in the app) if you need help.
• Languages •
Off Remote is currently translated to 8 languages. If you are willing to translate it to your language, or would like to improve the translations, please head over to www.AppTranslate.com
Updates to support iPhone X
Ratings and Reviews
This app works flawlessly. I first used the free version, I liked it so much that I decided to buy and help support you guys. I highly recommend this app. Oh and also I would like to suggest perhaps in the new update or even if your planning on updating this I would very much appreciate it if you where able to integrate this with amazon's echo/echo dot thanks.
If you have VLC remote, you need this handy little app as well. After you are done watching a movie you simply shut off your computer with this app. You don't even have to get up. It's the ultimate in anti-fitness.
After the update to sierra, there is a bug that makes it impossible for the program to use. I contacted support and received this response. Here is the conversation:
I'm afraid I haven't had time to investigate this further so I can't give you any more info.
If you feel that you have been mis-sold, then the best bet will be to contact Apple to ask for a refund (I have no power to give refunds myself).
Sorry I don't have a better answer.
- Hobbyist Software Limited
- 32.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Macedonian, Malay, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Hobbyist Software Ltd.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.