Sonic The Hedgehog
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Sonic game that started it all is now free-to-play and optimized for mobile devices!
Race at lightning speeds across seven classic zones as Sonic the Hedgehog. Run and spin through loop-de-loops as you collect rings and defeat enemies on your mission to save the world from the evil Dr. Eggman.
Sonic the Hedgehog joins the SEGA Forever Classic Games Collection, a treasure trove of free SEGA console classics brought to life on mobile for the first time!"
- OPTIMIZED FOR MOBILE Sonic The Hedgehog now plays in widescreen at a smooth 60FPS offering unrivalled performance and the game’s legendary soundtrack has been fully re-mastered.
- GOTTA GO FAST - Challenge yourself with an all-new Time Attack mode!
- NEW PLAYABLE CHARACTERS Play as Sonic’s friends Tails and Knuckles for the first time. Use their unique abilities to fly, climb, and glide around levels offering exciting new ways to explore.
- CONTROLLER SUPPORT Sonic The Hedgehog offers exclusive support for the Power A Moga, Nyko, XBOX, and all HID controllers.
- PLAY OFFLINE - premium users can play Sonic anytime offline
SEGA FOREVER FEATURES
- PLAY FREE
- LEADERBOARDS – compete with the world for high scores
- CONTROLLER SUPPORT – fully integrated wireless Bluetooth controller support
- GAMES RELEASED EVERY MONTH - Download them all!
- INCLUDES iOS 10 STICKER PACKS
- "Believe the hype - this is the tidiest, smoothest and most exhilarating game you'll have ever seen." [97%] - Andy Smith, SEGA Power #22 (September 1991)
- “Difficult without being frustrating, addictive without being repetitive, and altogether a joy to play.” [925/1000] - Gary Whitta, ACE #47 (August 1991)
- "One of the best Mega Drive games I've ever played" [92%] - Rich Leadbetter, Mean Machines #10 (July 1991)
- Sonic Jam contained the first release of Sonic The Hedgehog that gave Sonic his spin dash move, which returns again in this remake
- Sonic The Hedgehog was also released in arcades on SEGA's Mega-Tech and Mega Play systems
- Rabbit and armadillo characters were considered for Sonic before settling on a hedgehog design
- While "Eggman" is Dr. Robotnik's nickname in the West, he has always been known as "Eggman" in Japan
CLASSIC GAME FACTS
- First released in the US on June 23rd, 1991
- It took Yuji Naka almost a year to finish designing Green Hill Zone Act 1
- Spring Yard Zone and Scrap Brain Zone were originally called Sparkling Zone and Clock Work Zone
- Music composed by Masato Nakamura of Dreams Come True fame
- - - - -
Game apps are ad-supported and no in-app purchases are required to progress; ad-free play option available with in-app purchase.
© SEGA. All rights reserved. SEGA, the SEGA logo, Sonic the Hedgehog, SEGA Forever, and the SEGA Forever logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates.
What's New in Version 3.0.4
After gaining all 7 Chaos Emeralds we used their awesome powers to make the game even better!
Fun! But two things...
First off, this game is super fun! I have beaten it and I love it! I've gotten most of the achievements (like get all of the Chaos Emeralds) and recently went for the Time Trial Achievement for getting a time total of 45 minutes or less. My total time for Time Trials is 38 minutes. It notified me that I got the achievement. But went I went to see it in person it says it hasn't been achieved yet. Please fix this!
Also the controls are annoying sometimes. Like I hit jump and one of two things happened: Either I did not jump, but I hit the button , or I'd jump and the button would LITERALLY STICK I HAVE NO IDEA HOW THAT IS POSSIBLE and I couldn't jump and I'd die.
But other than that this game is the best!
There are two glitches in sonic 1 iOS new 1 glitch is hard to find and the other one is that your rings from a ring box don't give you instant rings. I found this in spring yard act 3. Rip tails from 1992 to 2017 death to the zone will never name for its water. So tails is none to die because you steal the bubble. So what I do is give Tails a bubble before he drowns so when Tails timer was at zero he got it but was put in the death state so he died. So sad I know. I hope you like your death sonic see at the bottom of final zone, because SEGA are not putting a thing to stop you from falling off that platform which is right next to a pit.
Players who bought the game shouldn't suffer ads
Your kidding right? I paid full price for the ability to play this game over and over where ever I want on my iPod. Now you added adds, and although I paid for an ad free game you telling me I need to pay more money to be able to get past level 1 without an ad after it crashing the game. Not only that, I can't play it out of my house anymore because iPods don't have data and you want me to watch the ads. Basically your saying I wasted my money on buying it when I could've gotten it for free and remove the ads. Please, make players who BOUGHT the game have ads automatically removed as this is absolutely rediculous. I mean I could've got this on an emulator and it would be better! You can't even enter debug mode😑. Pleaaaaase fixed I payed money for this!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jul 10, 2017
- Version: 3.0.4
- Size: 73.9 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Sega America
- © SEGA, the SEGA logo and SONIC THE HEDGEHOG are either registered trade marks or trade marks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove non-SEGA Adverts$1.99