STRIP - Password Manager
By Zetetic LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
STRIP is a cross-platform password manager providing powerful and complete data encryption, a flexible data model, fast search and multi-device replication.
Short for Secure Tool for Recalling Important Passwords, it has been protecting sensitive information on mobile devices for over 15 years, since the early days of the Palm Pilot. It protects your passwords and financial and personal information from unauthorized access by would-be crackers, malicious thieves and snoopy coworkers. Keep your secrets at your fingertips.
“By far the most resilient app to password cracking” — Elcomsoft, Black Hat EU
“Fantastic latest update. It's looking sharp and has a new look and feel. These folks are on their game....” — Zylvere
“Not only does the App do its job wonderfully ... it might have the Best Customer Support of any App I've ever used.” — KS Carey
"A powerful data encryption tool that will serve you well into the future" — Appsaddicts.com
“I don't know what I would do without STRIP; it's the only reason I still had a Palm Pilot. When I got my iPod Touch, the first thing I did was look for STRIP.” — lizzle47
* 256-bit AES encryption protects all of your data
* 64,000 rounds of PBKDF2 SHA-1 key derivation and HMAC page-protection
* Personalize categories to match your organizational style
* Customize your entries including usernames, passwords, websites, notes and create your own fields
* Store any information you want - no restrictive templates required!
* Full text search of record names and data
* Generate random passwords with added entropy from the device accelerometer
* Quickly copy & paste passwords and other data between applications
* Auto-lock timer allows you to keep STRIP temporarily unlocked while you work
* Launch websites, telephone calls, and emails from STRIP
* Configurable field masking to hide sensitive data from view
* Supports both portrait and landscape device orientation
* 90 professionally designed color icons for personalizing records (more on the way)
* Simple, elegant interface optimized for iOS 7
* Uses hardware-accelerated cryptography for speed and to lower battery consumption
* Synchronization and backup over WiFi with STRIP for OS X and STRIP for Windows (sold separately)
* Synchronization over Drive or Dropbox (free Drive or Dropbox account required)
* Store URL connection strings (e.g. SSH, AFP, SFTP) to launch other applications directly
Sync with your Desktop:
STRIP for iOS is designed to work seamlessly with STRIP for OS X and Windows, sold separately. Sync your information over WiFi between multiple devices (e.g both an iPhone and an iPad), backup data, import and export from CSV spreadsheet files. Check out http://getstrip.com for more details and a product tour.
If you don't use STRIP desktop you can still backup your STRIP database for free using the Drive and Dropbox sync features.
Powerful Open Source Encryption:
STRIP is the only password manager and data vault using open source, peer-reviewed full-database encryption technology. Called SQLCipher, the data store for STRIP uses established security practices like CBC mode encryption, PBKDF2 key derivation, randomized initialization vectors, and unique per-database salts. The source code is available for review at http://sqlcipher.net.
What's New in Version 2.2.2
* New Button to Cancel sync in progress
* Fixes direct IP / Hostname sync option for WiFi
* Fixes crash on resume when menu showing on iPad
* Fixes masking switch on Note labels
* Fixes login interface on device rotation
If you like the changes in this update or if you'd like to see more, please leave a rating or a review and let us know! -Team Z
IT Professional Review
I'm an IT professional with experience and training in information security. The Black Hat Europe 2012 conference, an IT security conference, has a presentation on password managers that evaluates the level of security based on the quality of their encryption methods. Zetetic's Strip Lite was ranked the best, so I bought the professional version. I also bought the OS X app so I can sync passwords between my iPhone and my Macbook. The price of the iOS and OS X apps combined was much less than other products as well. I highly recommend this app, as well as the desktop version.
Fantastic latest update. It's looking sharp and has a new look and feel. These folks are on their game with the latest bells and whistles and I would have to think pretty hard to find something this app didn't offer.
I love STRIP - Very secure
I've been using STRIP for over a year and have been very happy with it. Great encryption and really secure. Easy to use and store personal information. No complaints.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 31, 2014
- Version: 2.2.2
- Size: 5.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Zetetic LLC
- © 2012 Zetetic LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.