By Stan Miasnikov
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
WritePad Professional is the ultimate organizer for Notes, Events, Affairs, and Voice Notes for iPhone and iPod Touch.
- WritePad Affairs is an affairs (tasks, jobs, contracts, etc.) organizer that uses the WritePad editor for text entry. You can create, edit, search, and filter affairs stored in the database.
- WritePad Events is an events organizer that uses the WritePad editor for text entry. You can create, edit, search, and filter events stored in the database.
- WritePad Voice Notes allows users to record and play back various voice notes and sounds and organize then by name, date, priority, and category.
- WritePad Notes is a notes organizer that uses the WritePad editor for text entry. You can create, edit, search, and filter notes stored in the database.
WritePad Pro is also a text editor that utilizes advanced handwriting recognition input for the English language as well as iPhone keyboard for text entry, and includes spell checker, context analyzer, and standard editing operations such as copy, cut, paste, etc. It recognizes cursive, print, and mixed handwriting styles. To enter the text you can simply write with your finger on the iPhone screen in either landscape or portrait mode employing your own handwriting style. It also allows easily switching between the handwriting recognition and the standard iPhone keyboard.
In addition, WritePad Pro allows users to export (import) notes, affairs, and events as CSV file and upload/download data files from the desktop PC using Internet browser. WritePad Sync Lite free helper application can be used on the desktop to detect WritePad file service on the network and is available on PhatWare web site for download. This CSV file is compatible with Microsoft Outlook Tasks CSV files allowing users to import tasks from Outlook. Any affair can be sent via email with the touch of a single button.
Benefits and Features
* Organize your affairs, notes, events, and voice notes on your iPhone or iPod Touch in multiple folders.
* Sort items and folders by dates, subject, priority, and other fields.
* Filter and search items and folders by characters or words in the subject field.
* Use advanced handwriting recognition engine or iPhone keyboard for text entry in landscape or portrait mode.
* Cut, copy, and paste text between affairs, notes, and events.
* Take picture with iPhone built-in camera or select an existing picture and attach it to any event.
* Obtain event's current location using iPhone location services.
* Send affairs, notes, and events via email or export (import) affairs as CSV file (compatible with Microsoft Outlook Tasks).
* Improve your productivity by using built-in spell checker, context analyzer, and shorthand features while editing text.
* Use built-in HTTP file server to exchange data files between device and desktop computer (get free WritePad Sync Lite for Windows and Mac OS at www.phatware.com/writepad)
* Exchange items with other iPhone devices connected to the local WiFi
Note: a Windows-based synchronization software which will allow to synchronize Microsoft Outlook Notes, Tasks, and Journal with WritePad is currently in development and will be available in Q4'09.
WritePad Pro User's Guide is available online at
What's New in Version 3.0
New features in 3.0
* New WritePad 3.0 handwriting recognition engine
* Magnifying glass effect for cursor positioning and text selection
* Improved autocorrection and auto completion in the keyboard mode
* Folder properties can now be accessed in the folder list view
* Multiple affairs, events, and notes can now be transferred between folders using copy/paste.
* New search functionality allows searching for items in all folders by characters or words found in all text fields
Could be great, but not right now
This app is completely unusable in landscape mode. The developer has added an extra toolbar to the editor which takes up so much room you can only see one line of text. Plus, the auto complete which pops up for just about every word and offers half a dozen choices clutters the small window even more so you basically can't see a thing you're trying to type. Plus, neither of these features can be turned off so in the year I've had this I've used it twice. It's actually a great idea and could be an excellent All-In-One notetaker and organizer, but because of these two design flaws I can't recommend this app to anyone. I would love to use this app again, but it’s too infuriating.
Please fix the editor and make the auto complete actually turn off. The setting in Options doesn't actually seem to do anything...
I met the developer of this program at the WDDC and have been using it since. This is easily a $10 program, only at $0.99 I had to buy another copy with the latest updates. I think you'll love this program, but seems like not everyone does. I'm confused about what it not to like, but either way, for $0.99 you owe it to yourself to give this a try.
Quite useful and reliable
Works fine on my32 GB iPod Touch 3G for quite a while now running iOS 4.3. I have purchased a more advanced app from this developer that he has just updated again. Good work.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Feb 18, 2010
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 5.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Stan Miasnikov
- © PhatWare Corp.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.