By Google, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Google Voice gives you a free phone number for calling, text messaging, and voicemail. It works on smartphones and computers, and syncs across your devices so you can use the app while on the go or at home.
You’re in control
Forward calls, text messages, and voicemail to any of your devices, and get spam filtered automatically. Block numbers you don’t want to hear from.
Backed up and searchable
Calls, text messages, and voicemails are stored and backed up to make it easy for you to search your history.
Chat in groups, with photos
Send group texts and share photos instantly.
Your voicemail, transcribed
Google Voice provides free voicemail transcriptions that you can read in the app or have sent to your email.
Cheap international calling
Make international calls at competitive rates without using your mobile data.
Keep in mind:
• Google Voice is currently only available in the US
• All calls made using Google Voice for iPhone use the standard minutes from your cell phone plan
• Calls are placed through a US-based Google Voice access number, which may incur costs (e.g. when traveling internationally)
What's New in Version 2.8
- Long messages are no longer truncated on iOS 11 devices with large font sizes
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
- Suggested Contacts: quickly call or message your top contacts
- Batch archive entire conversations, calls and voicemails via long-press
- Batch delete individual messages via long-press and tapping select
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
Sideline is better Even freetone is better
1st of all the app is annoying and frustrating can google make it atleast user friendly google is a tech savvy company but stuck in the 90’s with there phone options this is 2017
U have to manually open each text message and phone call to delete no options to delete from home screen or a edit button to delete multiple ones swipe left to delete would be awesome it only give u option to archive texts n calls unless u open up each text message one by one what a hassle geez this 2017 this app been doing this since I downloaded it like 6 years ago
Can you make where calls show up in one thread if a person calls 20 times i have 20 threads ugh missed calls n placed calls should b in one thread
Also when someone text u if u have foward text messages to phone it only have they number not the name u saved in ur contacts forces you to have to look at your contacts to see who it is again very frustrating a company like google who is tech savvy should have the best apps even free apps like text me freetone sideline gives u these options
Google Ruined It !! Now It's Back !!
I'm updating my previous negative review to a positive 5 stars. Defects have been corrected and it is easier and more reliable to use. I especially like the ability to easily and permanently delete conversation and call history. Thank you Google !!
Totally non functional for texts. Used the prior version all the time now there is no way to send a txt because the ">" that used to be there to send is missing. Also, after you enter the destination number you cannot get back to the message without starting over. This is a total train wreck. (Using iPhone 6s with latest iOS update).
Crashes WAY TO MUCH over the last week.
I use Google Voice as my main public phone number. Since the recent iPhone update at the end of September 2017, I can’t type a short text with out it crashing! I don’t get my calls, and it frequently disconnects me. PLEASE FIX THIS! I have been using the Google Voice app since you rolled it out. Previously there were only minor problems. I would send a crash report, and go about my normal day. I’m now in the habit of copying my text while typing, out of fear the app will crash before I get a chance to hit “send”.
I’ve switched to using FB messenger to communicate via text with people, however that is not an adequate substitute for Google Voice, as many people don’t use Facebook. I need my Google Voice to work properly again. PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP! Thank you.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 01, 2017
- Version: 2.8
- Size: 80.1 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2017 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.