By Muli Mobile Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
★★★★★ Huge Holiday Sale on now for a limited time!
★★★★★ As seen on FOX News (USA), The Times (UK), urbanbike (France) and featured in "What's Hot" and top-10 reference apps this Spring!
THE WORLD'S MOST EXOTIC APP
FlowerPedia is the definitive flowers application!
INDULGE YOUR SENSES AND YOUR INTELLECT
FlowerPedia presents over 2800 photos of flowers, including some of the world's prettiest and most exotic! We've scoured the world for your viewing pleasure. Relax with a slideshow of flowers like roses, lilies, orchids, hibiscus, tulips, daisies and many more.
FLOWER SHARING COMMUNITY
Share the location of flowers you find with your friends and with the FlowerPedia community. Find flowers around you spotted by others. Ideal for discovering the nooks and crannies in your neighborhood, or going for an exploratory walk on vacation.
SEARCH BY COUNTRY AND STATE
The new search lets you find flowers resident in a particular country. For example, you could find the flowers of France or even Antarctica. The search also lets you specify the state/province when searching within USA/Canada.
Rate each photo according to your own taste. With FlowerPedia you can browse photos by rating.
EMAIL AND BACKGROUNDS
Email flowers to your loved ones to brighten their day! Each of the beautiful flower photos can be saved to your phone for use as backgrounds, or as a kind gesture in a emails to your friends & family.
FlowerPedia contains information on over 830 genera from 140 of the most beautiful flowering plant families, representing over 150,000 flower species from all around the world.
Tap the "Flower" button on any photo to be presented with information about the flower:
- a map of the flower's geographic distribution
- photos of the flower's relatives
- the flower Genus name (common and Latin)
- the flower Family name (common and Latin)
- its identifying features
- a list of related species
- information on edibility
Note, serious botanists be advised that FlowerPedia aims to enlighten casual lovers of flowers, using minimal botanical jargon. While accurate, it is not a scientific encyclopedia.
FlowerPedia is not a miracle one-click identifying solution - no such thing exists because, with over 250,000 flower species worldwide, the task of flower identification is highly complex. Instead, FlowerPedia guides you through the identification of unknown flowers using their physical characteristics, such as leaf structure, number of petals and stamens. FlowerPedia helps narrow your unknown flower down to the family and genus level (a group of closely related species).
NO INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED
You can use browse FlowerPedia's complete database of flower photos anywhere: even when you're out hiking, bushwalking, trekking or sitting comfortably in an airplane, because it does not require a network connection. All pictures of flowers are included in the application.
EDITIONS OF FLOWERPEDIA
There are three editions of FlowerPedia:
Beautiful flower slideshow and wallpapers:
- Flower sharing community
- 100 beautiful flower photos
- Flower names
- Information about the flower family
FlowerPedia - the world's most exotic app!
For flower enthusiasts:
- Flower sharing community
- Over 2800 beautiful flower photos
- Extensive information about each flower
- Comprehensive flower search by common name, Latin name, country and state/province
- Flower Identification Wizard (identify flowers by their anatomy)
For flower enthusiasts with an iPad:
- Get all the beautiful flower photos of FlowerPedia in crystal-clear iPad HD!
- Specifically designed for the iPad, with huge interface and photo enhancements
- The perfect coffee-table app for your home!
What's New in Version 2.3
- Fixed bug causing some images not to show
- Fixed crash in Sightings when opening user-submitted photo
- Fixed rare bug causing genus screen layout defect
- Family and genus list thumbnails cropping fixed
- Fixed 'Home' button from Sightings screen not working sometimes
- Added search by color. You can now find and sort flowers by color!
- Added search bar to family and genus list screens
- Family and genus list search performance improvements
- Added help overlay for new users.
- Performance fixes in Photo view for searching and sorting images
- Added 'Share' screen, enabling users to share FlowerPedia with friends via email, SMS and Facebook.
- Category and Country in Search screen now pop back to search on selection
- Database performance improvements
- Code performance improvements
- Minor improvements and user interface changes
Overall ok but Could be improved
Overall useful app for general use, app not user friendly for novice, have issue with Flickr interface.
No way to just Fav a flower, it takes you to a map and makes you identify a location before successfully saving your Fav.
Search by color works well, but interface could be more user friendly. I feel. The UI is a bit clunky, may improve with repeated use, but requires a learning curve.
This app appears to be the most complete reference for flower enthusiasts, but, as stated above, the UI could be better, especially for users with little flower knowledge.
But for a fair price, I would still recommend this app for anyone who is looking for a fairly complete flower identification app and reference.
Seems to have a lot of bugs to work out. Often when I select an option, instead of changing screens, it just kicks me out of the ap completely. I tried to report a sighting. The program kept telling me that my report had failed. Then, when I looked in the "Sightings" section, there they were--all five or six of my "failed" sightings. The developer needs to do some work on this. Also, the information is very basic and does not contain the details that an experienced observer would like to see.
Searching is difficult
I'm new to flower knowledge but have learned that searching for flowers with this app is not simple. It is convoluted and seems to be missing many flowers. I was trying to find a crocosmia in the app, which I later learned is not a rare flower as all of the local flower shops had them, but I could not find it in the app along with many other flowers. Great idea for an app but needs much improvement.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: May 04, 2012
- Version: 2.3
- Size: 194 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Muli Mobile Limited
- © Muli Mobile
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.