MovieSlate® (Clapperboard & Shot Log)
By PureBlend Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
AS SEEN IN APPLE’S iPAD TV ADS
“MovieSlate® is the the Rolls-Royce of slates” says HandHeldHollywood.com. A convenient, all-in-one digital slate, clapper board, shot log, and notepad is used for film, TV, documentaries, music videos, and interviews, this professional production tool is the easy way to log footage and take notes as you shoot— saving you valuable time later when capturing/editing footage, and creating reports. All at a mere fraction of a bulky digital clapperboard’s cost.
Tap a field to edit production info. Choose info from default/custom snippets, contacts, or saved history. Enter new info with the keyboard. Use the optimized keypad to quickly enter numeric info like: roll, scene, take, timecode. Or swipe up/down on fields to increment/decrement numbers.
Setting timecode is simple and fast using our specialized keypad. Sync timecode to the clock, or between multiple iOS Devices (iPad/iPhone/iPod touch) via Bluetooth-- or with a song from your iTunes music library (for use in “Music Video” mode).
TIMECODE SYNC PLUGIN (optional in-app purchase)
Co-developed with Denecke. Sync timecode with compatible cameras, sound recorders, LTC generators via the headphone jack. Sync timecode over WiFi with Timecode Buddy hardware. Sync timecode, slate data, and chat messages over WiFi between multiple MovieSlates.
MULTICAM PLUGIN (optional in-app purchase)
Simultaneously log data and shot notes for up to 26 cameras.
SOUND DEPARTMENT PLUGIN (optional in-app purchase)
Sound Mixers can easily log all sound department meta data, and quickly generate comprehensive Sound Reports.
To begin a shot, photograph the slate’s production info, then tap the clapper sticks. The sticks open and clap closed, creating an audible/visible marker. All slate data is logged to history. Optional credits animations briefly display each production field, full screen.
SHOT MARKER/NOTES, VOICE/IMAGE NOTES
For each shot, you can: circle a take; rate sound/picture quality; write multiple shot notes; record voice notes; take picture notes. Example: when shooting interviews you can create notes to timecode-mark when a particular question was asked, or something remarkable was said. Enter notes using the microphone, camera, keyboard— or insert snippet phrases (such as “Interview”, “Question”, or “Tail Sticks”).
SHOT LOG HISTORY
Get fast, searchable access to shot info, without wading through hours of footage. Each shot, all production, GPS location, and timecode data is stored to a Shot Log History, where you can view, edit, or rate shots. History/Notes can be exported/emailed as: HTML, XML, Final Cut 7/X, Avid ALE, Adobe Prelude/Premiere, CSV, and TAB formats.
HAVE IT YOUR WAY
Customize MovieSlate’s behavior and appearance to suit your workflow and tastes. Choose behaviors, sounds, and themes (clapper stick designs, backgrounds, fonts, and colors)— even display your production logo on the slate and in reports.
READY WHEN YOU ARE
With MovieSlate on your iOS device: lost clapper boards will be a thing of the past. Your shot history is always ready to view, review, edit, or send.
• Optimized for iPad and for retina displays
• Landscape and Portrait (lockable)
• FPS rates: 15, 23.976, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94, 60, 72, 100, custom
• Manually with keypad
• With clock time
• From an iTunes Song
• With Camera LTC (optional in-app purchase)
• Between iPads, iPhones, iPods (current models)
• Customize behavior, appearance, sounds
• Detects external claps (from T-Slate iPad case)
• Color/Gray/Focus charts
• Credits animations
SHOT LOG HISTORY SYSTEM
• Save multiple timecode-stamped notes per shot
• Save text/voice/image notes, current GPS location
• Email logs as HTML, XML, FCP 7/X, Avid, Premiere, CSV, TAB
• Supports multiple projects
REQUIRES iOS 6 OR NEWER. RUNS ON IPAD2 OR NEWER; IPHONE4 OR NEWER; IPOD TOUCH 4 OR NEWER.
What's New in Version 7.4
• Slate - timecode display zooming is now persistent.
• Slate - timecode, sticks, field scrolling is now disabled when the hinge tap "Locks Everything" or "Locks Everything but Clapper".
• Slate - cannot be rotated during clapperstick animations.
• Slate - leader/end roll credit animations can now be stopped by tapping on a credit.
• Slate - the "Pause Timecode when Slate Ends" feature now works properly again.
• Slate - when the shot has ended and the shot-in-progress screen is still visible, its background is now blue, and "The Shot has Ended" text appears below the timecode display.
• Slate - the CAM field can now contain multiple characters (set via Settings > Field Input Styles > CAM).
• Music Video - fixed several minor bugs.
• Settings > Field Input Styles > Camera > Filename - added new "Sony XDCAM" style. To load the new style, go to Settings > Workspaces > Default Settings, select the "Merge" option, and make sure that "Field Input Styles" is the only checked item, then tap the "Load" button.
• Settings > Workspaces - several improvements.
• Settings > Slate Appearance - added new "Denecke" clapperstick design.
• Settings > Slate Behavior - streamlined the "Show Credits" section. “Before Clap” and “After Clap” credits are no longer mutually exclusive.
• Settings > Shot Log History > FCPX XML Options - added option to choose the FCPX version number, for exporting different flavors of fcpxml.
• Reports - now prompting for media pathnames when exporting FCPX XML.
• Reports - now prompting for missing video filename suffixes when running Avid, Final Cut, and Premiere reports.
• Reports - zip files can now be opened by Mac OS X Mavericks’ built-in Archive Utility (without requiring use of a third-party utility).
• History details (iPad) - meta data fields are now sized properly for iOS 7.1. The "Tracks & Notes" button state is now preserved across shots and app launches.
• MultiCam - fixed crash when the start/continue logging button was tapped more than once.
• Timecode Buddy - several improvements.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: May 07, 2014
- Version: 7.4
- Size: 59.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: PureBlend Software
- © 2009-13 PureBlend Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Timecode Sync Plugin$49.99
- Sound Dept Plugin$49.99
- MultiCam Plugin$49.99