By Stéphane Perret
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Improve your Go level !
Joseki is an intuitive application for people that knows how to play Go and wants to exercice from any place using iPhone or IPod Touch.
Computers are not good at Go, playing Go with computer introduce bad habits.
As any Go master, you should build up you knowledge from cases study, learning Joseki, review your or others games and try out variations.
With this application you will be able to :
- Work out Joseki and tricks
° Build knowledge from any place
° Have it ready at your fingertips while reading Go books
- Import Games in SGF from Internet
° Learn from games found on the Web
° Review your own games played on IGS/KGS/DGS
° Quickly show your problems to friends and try out solutions right away
Joseki has been designed for you as a mobile support to improve your Go level from any place.
- goban with both drag and drop and direct drop of stones
- sequence history navigation
- full tree variations and bookmarks
- visualize co-ordinates, markup and comments
- add and edit comments
- access to all bookmarks for a case study with goban overview
- catalog of case study for 9, 13 and 19 goban
- create new case study from a snapshot of the current goban
- import a game in SGF standard format from a URL
What's New in Version 1.3
I agree with the other reviewers. This is a very amateurish app that doesn't really do anything useful in terms of helping study Joseki. For $5.99 I was assuming it would have a reasonable Joseki library with some ways to test you on them and maybe even some information about which Joseki variations are preferable under which circumstances. It has none of that, and in fact is simply a poorly-implemented game recorder.
Not a joseki app
I agree with the preevious reviewer. This app is a non-intuitive game recorder not a joseki app. And for $5.99 I expected top notch spit and polish. This app instead feels very amateurish and "home brewed". Not worth even a free download given the competition and certainly not worth $5.99. I feel taken.