iAmerica – The Pocket Guide to United States History and the Presidency – Third Edition –
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iAmerica is now the #1 most downloaded app out of all US History apps. It is American History at your fingertips!
Extra effort was made in developing iAmerica to make it the most comprehensive A to Z reference guide to the Presidents of the United States. And as an added bonus we include a handy White House website access guide.
Our presidential biographies include many hundreds of meticulously hand-assembled Wikipedia links. Our links have been carefully researched to provide accurate, context-driven vs. keyword-driven information. You will find it a great improvement over standard Wikipedia links.
iAmerica serves as a portable K-12 academic supplement for students, parents and teachers. We utilize authoritative text and images directly from the White House.
iUSA, our paid companion version gives you greatly expanded American History with four times as much presidential content, detailed history of all 50 states and full access to all aspects of American government.
**Check out our newest app – uDream - Dream Dictionary Ultimate by Tony Crisp
Note: iAmerica provides 100% commercial free filtered Internet content only.
OUR UPGRADED VERSION, iUSA 2.0 INCLUDES ALL OF THE FOLLOWING
• U.S. States
• U.S. Presidents
• Our First Ladies
• White House History
• Over 100,000 words of content
• Over 6600 hand-assembled entries
• (5000+ Wikipedia references, 1500+ Government entries)
• Executive, Legislative and Judicial branches, Electoral College, the Constitution & Election processes
• Capitol History
• Senate Chronology
• Organization Chart
• Virtual Reference Desk
• Powers and Procedures
• Capitol Visitor Center Guide
• Legislation & Recent Activity
• Origins & Development of the U.S. Senate
• 100 Milestone Documents of U.S. Democracy
• Majority & Minority Leaders & Party Whips explained
• Committee System and the Legislative Process explained
HOUSE of REPRESENTATIVES
• House Library
• Members FAQ
• “Kids in the House”
• Teacher Resources
• How laws are made
• Library of Congress
• History of the House
• Committee Directory
• Annals of Congress 1789-1824
• Making of the U.S. Constitution
• CongressLink – Today’s Congress
• A Century of Lawmaking 1774-1875
The WHITE HOUSE
• Daily updates, Blog, Briefing Room, Actions, Issues, New Initiatives, Speeches, Contacts
FEDERAL DEPARTMENTS & SERVICES
• Emergency 24/7 govt. contact info
• 800+ English and Spanish links to Government
• 125+ entries to the best Government sites for students, parents & teachers
• Worldwide U.S. diplomatic contacts & key overseas traveler services
• CIA FactBook
• Laws and codes
• Presidential Libraries
• US Visitor Info Center
• Business & Non-Profit Services
• Government Job & Citizen Services
• State, Local & Tribal Government sites
• Wikipedia Top 50+ U.S. Lists & Timelines
• Historia, geografía y cultura en los Estados Unidos
• Access to major U.S. Documents: 18th – 21st century
Plus many exciting, new features in upcoming editions!
Note: The use of the Great Seal of the United States and other government materials and images are not intended to convey the impression of sponsorship or approval by the Government of the United States.
What's New in Version 3.1
Now iOS 4.1 compatible
Improved internet links loading time
Please write a review of our latest app version.
Thank you for making us so popular and for your continued support!
It was a good app except for one president, clinton. It said he was the best president economically, false. His first term (democrat congress) the economy still failed. Then 2nd term things got great economy and deficit, but he had a republican congress that wouldn't take no for an answer. They shut down goverment 3 times forcing him to balance the budget and fix the economy. Once again, republican congress. That explains it. If they had less opinion it would get 5
AP US history
This is great. There is a bunch of information. Whether it is bias or not it doesn't matter. It's hard to come by things that aren't bias. It gives you another way to look at it or helps you decide what you like.
Anyway this app is great. I'm studying for my AP US history class and this really helps.
Update made it worse
New graphics (widescreen photo) use a poor ratio on iPhone 4. The president's images are too wide and they all look fat. Many Presidential "facts" are actually (to be polite) opinion. But based on our current school system, I guess, they could have come from a text book. Look elsewhere for definitive balanced historical data. Nice interface and concept. If they would hire an unbiased editor then this app could do much better.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Oct 22, 2010
- Version: 3.1
- Size: 3.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: USA Interactive
- © Copyright 2010 USA Interactive
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.