Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Supporting 4x4, 6x6, 8x8, 9x9, 12x12, 16x16, Jigsaw and Killer Sudokus, Zingles is your ultimate Sudoku companion.
Zingles is a simple yet highly addictive logic puzzle game. Simply complete the board ensuring that each row, each column and each sub-grid only contains one instance of each piece - a Zingle piece !.
At the start of a game a number of pieces are placed on the board. These are known as 'givens'. The remainder of the board contains blank squares for you to complete.
You will need to use all your powers of deductive reasoning to solve the unlimited supply of boards that Zingles can generate. Zingles supports the ability to mark each board square with possible moves to aid in the puzzle solving. Zingles also supports the 'cross hatch' marking aid to solving puzzles.
Zingles supports a wide range of board sizes offering a variety of game play, from simple 4x4 boards for youngsters to extremely difficult 16x16 boards for the hardened Sudoku fan. In addition, Zingles supports Jigsaw and Killer Sudoku modes of play.
All boards generated are symmetrical and have a single solution making them pure game boards. Zingles also supports the popular game variation whereby the diagonals may only contain one instance of each piece.
Zingles includes a lightning fast puzzle solver able to solve any external puzzle. Simply enter any external puzzle and request the solver to find a solution.
Zingles includes a number of layouts and piece sets. Choose between the traditional number piece sets or for an alternative challenge why not try the gems or flags piece set.
* Supports 4x4, 6x6, 8x8, 9x9, 12x12, 16x16, Jigsaw and Killer Sudokus.
* Ability to generate an unlimited number of symmetrical single solution games on any board size.
* Support for the popular game variation requiring the diagonals to contain unique pieces.
* Choice of layouts including a legal moves layout.
* Ability to mark squares with possible moves to aid in solving.
* Support for the 'cross hatch' board solving technique.
* Lightning fast solver able to solve any external puzzle.
* Check the validity of a board at any stage.
* Freeze the board, enabling you to easily return to previous game positions.
* No need to purchase expensive additional game packs
* Stunning graphics with choice of boards and piece sets.
* Easy, medium and hard levels of game play.
* Enter any external puzzle and use the solver to generate a solution.
* Supports English, French, German, Spanish and Italian.
* iPod Music playback support
* Recommend game to a friend via email
* Zingles is just one of our large collection of best of breed classic board, card and puzzle games available for a wide range of platforms.
Zingles is developed by ZingMagic Ltd
It's always something...
I bought this for its Killer Sudoku option and to say it's the best Killer Sudoku on iTunes is faint praise but true. 'Cool Sudoku' and 'Killer Sudoku' each have serious drawbacks in killer mode, Zingles is better than they are but lacks the option for selecting a level of difficulty, something it lets you do in all the other Sudoku modes. In addition in killer mode, the numbers are so large -- normally a good thing -- that they obscure the hint number in the corner of the squares in killer mode. Having said that, Zingles also includes 12x12 and 16x16 (available nowhere else on iTunes as far as I know), Jigsaw and diagonal Sudoku modes something few other apps include. It does have several 'skins' although it's hard to find them, good options for checking, solving and so on, but those are available in a dozen other Sudoku apps. Surprising and welcome is the fact that you can play a killer game, interrupt it and go to, say, 9x9, then interrupt that and go to, say, 16x16, and return to any of them, it saves them all in progress. Zingles' largest flaw, and it's significant, is its interface -- for *each* number or pencil mark you must tap four things. Two would be sensible, the square, then the number, but Zingles' unnecessarily complicated entry system spans all the Sudoku modes, hurting each. So on the good side, it has a killer mode, 12x12, 16x16, and the other Sudoku options players have come to expect and it saves each independently. On the down side, the interface hurts every mode, the digits are too large in killer, and lack of difficulty selection in killer mode. The size of the digits, and difficulty selection could be easily corrected in an update, changing the interface will require a bigger shift by the developer but I hope they do it. Three stars as is, to be raised if some of these things are improved.
- Category: Games
- Released: Jul 09, 2009
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 0.5 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Clickgamer Technologies Ltd
- © ZingMagic Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.