By Retronyms Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Quickly create and perform musical hooks, phrases and loops with a variety of custom synth and sample-based instruments. Make samples on the fly and weave them into compositions.
DopplerPad is an expressive touch instrument designed for the iPhone and iPod Touch. Use rhythmic and melodic automation to create phrases by freely moving fingers around the musical touchpad.
Drags and taps come to life with responsive visual feedback, making the groove visible.
Some of DopplerPad's features include:
* 37 Instruments Including Leads, Bass, Sound Effects, Drums, and Samplers
* Two Musical Touchpads
* Visual Feedback to See the Groove
* Two Recording Modes: Overdub and Replace
* A Mixer for Cross-Fading, Muting, and Playback Control
* Save Loops and Phrases. Load Them into the Performance
* Gate Arpeggiator to Create Expressive Rhythmic Patterns
* Create Samples Anywhere with External or Built-In Mics
* Adjustable Tempo and Loop Length
* Programmable Scale to Stay in Key
* Adjustable Octave for a Full Range of Notes
New in version 2:
* Effects: you can now apply effects to any instrument on a pad.
* Create your own custom effects using delay, distortion, filter and more.
* Effects are expressively controlled on the Y-axis of the pad
* A full-fledged instrument editor lets you create your own custom synth instruments! Control oscillators, Filter, LFO, Envelopes and more.
What's New in Version 2.2
Added support for AudioCopy/Paste 1.1. This gives support for paste into BeatMaker, named audio copy and copy history.
Great Music App!
This app is great for amateur music artists. Making music is too easy, especially with the Gate Arp.
Think GarageBand except with fancy synths, effects, beats and a lot more ease in making custom beats. If you can tap on your desk (or if you can just hold your finger down on a surface), you can make music with this app.
Things that need improving:
- Retina screen quality
- Over all sound quality (poor compared to modern sound programs)
- More drumming options
This app is perfect for the underground artists and music fanatics. It's expensive (for the app store), but if you're looking for an iPhone music production app, it doesn't get any better than this. Bought it over a month ago and I still love it.
To the developers: Please update and get some better marketing. This app is an amazing tool. Bring it out into the light for everyone else to see.
Do not buy!
Totally wasted time. Before buying it, try to find someone that has actually done any creative musical work with it. I used many music apps. This thing could be useful, if you are interested in generating sound effects for home made movies, If that what you are looking for, it could be OK. Otherwise. Save your money.
The more I play DopplerPad, the more I find I can do with it. Effects, Synth Editor and Effect Editor are fun. AudioCopy into FourTrack works great.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jun 13, 2010
- Version: 2.2
- Size: 4.6 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: The Retronyms LLC
- © Retronyms 2009
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.