Tonk card game (Tunk)
By Joe Crump
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Play Tonk on your iPhone!!
Tonk (or Tunk) is a fast paced card game similar to rummy. It's a popular pastime for lunch breaks.
- On your turn, touch the deck to draw a card. Call "Low" before drawing if you think you have the lowest hand.
- Rearrange cards in your hand if you wish by dragging them onto each other.
- Select cards by touching them and either discard one or play a spread (3+ of same rank, or 3+ of same suit and consecutive).
- You can also play on existing spreads already laid down.
- Win by getting rid of all your cards, or by successfully calling "Low" with the lowest hand. A bonus is awarded if you 'Tonk out' by playing all your cards without discarding.
The cards will animate to their destinations and there is background music to select from (or turn off).
Your progress is maintained as a 'bankroll' displayed at the bottom along with a description of your rank. See if you can reach the PRO status as you play against the iPhone computer!
What's New in Version 1.1
- AI opponent will now call Low.
- Card images easier to see and read.
- Easier to tap deck and pile
- Reduced size for easier download
Thanks for your continued suggestions and feedback!
This game is very nice, but has so much potential.
- Let us shuffle/pair up our cards
- Add 49/50 & 13 less as automatic wins (real tonk)
- Show opponents purse
- Allow betting options (high/low card)
- Make game multiplayer like poker does (allow local LAN/Internet options)
- Opponent always holds high (they can drop sometimes with low hand)
- Allow opponent to pull first sometime
- Incorporate a deal feature
Again, great game, with much potential. Thanks
Come on update already. I'll even pay .99 cents
If you guys would add all the real rules like everyone had already asked for this game would be great. 5 stars great. But I'm at pro. With 4,710. And to tell the truth I have been stuck at pro level sense like 2 grand. Do u get higher rank. Or should I just restart my money and build it up again.
Been looking for Tonk on iOS
I've been looking for Tonk on iOS. This seems to be the better of the two options.
Would make one suggestion: I am accustomed to the "wait" rule, I would like this option in the app. Where a player must wait three turns before dropping or "calling low" in the app.
Without this rule, once you make one spread you can call low and win every time.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Aug 07, 2009
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 1.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Joe Crump
- © 2009 by Joe Crump
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.