Waze - GPS Navigation, Maps & Real-time Traffic
By Waze Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Waze is the world's largest community-based traffic and navigation app. Join drivers in your area who share real-time traffic & road info to save time, gas money, and improve daily commuting for all.
Just by driving with Waze open, you're already contributing tons of real-time traffic information to your local community. You can also actively report accidents, police traps and other hazards you see on the road. Get road alerts along your route and find the cheapest gas prices around you shared by the community. Plus, you can add friends, send locations or keep others posted on your arrival time.
- Live routing based on community driven, real-time traffic & road info
- Community reported alerts including accidents, hazards, police traps, road closures, and more
- Turn-by-turn voice guided navigation
- Live maps, consistently edited and updated by Waze community map editors
- Automatic rerouting as conditions change on the road
- Send your ETA & real-time drive to update those you’re meeting
- Learns your frequent destinations, commuting hours, and preferred routes
- Find the cheapest gas station on your route
- Add information on local places and businesses
- Add Facebook friends and sync Contacts
- See friends’ ETA when driving to the same destination
- One tap navigation to Facebook & Calendar events
- Earn points as you contribute road info and climb the ranks in your community
Waze is all about contributing to and benefiting from the common good, so hop on board and get involved!
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Waze will automatically shut down if you run it in the background and haven't driven for a while.
What's New in Version 4.19.1
- Search by category: Discover nearby parking, restaurants, hotels, shopping, and more without having to type exact names.
- Friends and Inbox have a new home: Now, see whether you have new inbox messages and Waze friends online in your Waze menu navigation list. If you do, tap to your My Waze screen to read them and see who’s there.
- Minor bug fixes and improvements
Good app - could be a bit better
I have used this Waze app for almost a year now. I do like it but it has a few issues. It will take you on a wild goose chase if you let it. I have been led in nonsensical circles, long ways around short routes and into instead of away from some of the worst north Atlanta traffic on my commutes home. The other irritant is when there is a map issue to report and you tap the 'report a map issue' the app totally forgets where you were when you tapped it. Then later it asks for feedback about the map error and because you were driving when you found the map error you can't remember the intersection or street name where exactly the error was discovered. There needs to be a tweak where the app sticks a pin in the map where you were when you tapped report map error. So that when/if you get to your destination, you can give specific information. This has happened twice to me and I haven't been able to complete the reports because I didn't remember the exact location of the directions error. Waze you can make this feature more user friendly for drivers. Also consider requiring fewer clicks for reporting things. Takes our eyes from road too much. Thanks otherwise and keep improving a good product. 🙂
Exceptional GPS program
Love, love, love Waze! The only reason I gave a 4 instead of 5 was that all programs could use SOME improvement and this one is no exception. Waze is great typically about routing around problem traffic. Don't question it. It'll tell you to get off the freeway and in your mind you're thinking "but why"? It's because a bunch of other users out there have noted a problem with traffic and you need to take another route. Just go with it. The only issue is that at times it has routed to an incorrect address and it is difficult to report this and a lot of times even more difficult to accomplish getting a correction made. And that is the reason for four stars instead of five. Other than that, it is a great GPS program and I much prefer it over using maps or other GPS options. It also keeps track of addresses so you can connect to them easier in the future and if you put your appointment in your calendar at least in an iPhone, it will sync it up with your Waze program and when you turn on Waze, it will ask if you're on your way to your doctors appointment or the game or whatever you put in for that appointment. I love that! You must enter the address for your appt for this to work. But great upgrades are always being made.
Waze is a most innovative social travel app. It can really save you time if used properly. One of many nice feature is the ability to pre-plan drives in advance under Planned drives using calendar sync or by adding them so Waze knows your scheduled arrival time and can update you on when to leave based on changing traffic conditions. I've been bitten by what appears to be bad advice for re-routing around traffic congestion but understand that traffic conditions can quickly change after an alternate route has been suggested. However, Waze has saved me more times than not. Nice that it provides notification alerts on traffics issues and additional required travel time along saved routes like work and home but wish it would take you right to the area of trouble for review when the notification is swiped rather than just bringing up the app. Also, on some popular routes in busy areas with multiple re-route options during congestion, I've experienced being regularly re-routed a longer way when there were one or more shorter and faster routes that I assumed would be stored in Waze. The can be added by editing the map but that's a bit involved.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Feb 16, 2017
- Version: 4.19.1
- Size: 90.3 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: waze
- © Waze Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.