By Fotozio, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
PicTranslator comes with ONE language. You can purchase additional languages at any time by selecting "Change Language" on the crop screen.
*Featured by Apple in New and Noteworthy!*
Translate from any of the supported languages into your native language (over 50 languages!)
"I tested out the app with a Spanish menu, and the translation was fast and impressively accurate..."
-Adam Pash, Lifehacker
"PicTranslator...Needs to be seen to be believed. We gave it a spin, and it's surprisingly precise. Wow, the future is now."
-Raphael Brion, Eat Me Daily
"The most impressive iPhone app yet. This honor has to be awarded to PicTranslator."
-Brystmar's Poker Blog
"How do you get the 'hear Spanish' to work so quickly...the voice is so plain? Is there someone actively recording the words into a mic and uploading the results? I love the app...very neat!"
- Chris J.
A little help along the way...
PicTranslator turns your iPhone camera into a point-and-shoot translator AND pronouncer. Take pictures of road signs, menus, maps, or any printed foreign text (sorry, no handwriting yet) and PicTranslator will translate it to any of over 50 languages for you and for some languages let you hear how it's pronounced!
See PicTranslator in action on YouTube(tm):
NOTE: Asian languages are NOW supported.
- Chinese Simplified
- Chinese Traditional
*Language includes audio pronunciation as well, so you can order from menus or get directions like locals do.
**With PicTranslator, you'll be able to translate from ONE of the 16 supported languages. Support for additional languages can be purchased within the application at anytime by selecting "Change Language" on the crop screen.
- Camera quality greatly affects PicTranslator’s accuracy. All sizes of printed text are supported on the iPhone 3GS, but users with previous versions of the iPhone, like the original iPhone and the iPhone 3G, should stick to translating large text. iPhone 3G users can improve their accuracy with the Griffin Clarifi case.
- Translations require an internet connection.
- Text-extraction and translation accuracy will increase over time. Help us improve by using the in-app rating system!
Potential causes for inaccurate translation:
- Pictures taken at an angle
- Glare or shadows over text
- Distorted text - curved, elaborate fonts, vertical text, etc.
- Hand written text is not supported
- Computer screens don't work as well as print outs.
Feedback and comments are encouraged at http://www.PicTranslator.com.
What's New in Version 1.6
* Bug Fixes
* iOS 6 support
Horrible application- save your money!!
After assigned a long story to read in my Spanish class, I figured this app would save me a ton of time. I tried taking pictures from various angles as instructed by the app and the app gave me ridiculous translations with just random letters and symbols instead of words. I took a perfectly good photo with a clear, large font and still there were hardly any accurate translations. Save yourself the money and frustration and just use an Internet translator.
Great idea, poor implementation.
Save your money. Not practical. Works on simple text, but Google Translate will do the same for you faster and for free . . . even though you have to type everything in. Text needs to be so large that you can only get a couple words through the translator engine at a time. Bought it to use in German restaurants. Worthless, unless you have all night to take pictures and wait for translations while the staff looks at you like your nuts! Pass on this app.
Their in-app purchases are theft
I'd had bad luck with the initial language I downloaded - French - but there were several better reviews, so thought I'd try it again. Paid money for the Korean language. Took clear photos of clear, large, typeset block text. Got gibberish. Multiple tries, multiple angles, light sources. Single Korean words translated to gibberish with multiple Chinese characters inserted. SAVE YOUR MONEY.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Sep 19, 2012
- Version: 1.6
- Size: 2.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Fotozio, LLC
- © 2012 Fotozio, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- All Language Pack$3.99
- English Language Pack$1.99
- Spanish Language Pack$1.99
- French Language Pack$1.99
- Japanese Language Pack$1.99
- German Language Pack$1.99
- Chinese (Traditional) Language Pack$1.99
- Italian Language Pack$1.99
- Russian Language Pack$1.99
- Polish Language Pack$1.99