Stock Wars - Virtual Investing
By Continuous Integration Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Stock Wars puts you in the fast paced world of traders and big money. Take your shot and beat the markets! Set up your portfolio and watch how your stocks would perform in the real world. Analyze companies, place your orders and watch your portfolio grow. Stock Wars will make you a top trader in no time!
- Create and manage your portfolio
- Learn about real-world investing and test practical stock trading strategies
- Create trader groups to compete with your friends
- Watch your performance against other traders
- Monitor other traders' investment strategy
- Add tag-based watch lists of stocks
- Place real-time orders and track your positions of stocks, mutual funds, ETFs, and currencies trading on the NYSE, AMEX, NASDAQ, FOREX, and other OTC exchanges
- View real-time quote data with automatic refresh.
- Export your portfolio to applications that support OFX format.
- View company's stock intraday performance with historical trending and charts
- Research stocks with real-time consolidated company's news & Twitter feeds
- Link your profile to Facebook and post news feeds to your wall
- Tweet about stocks
- Social Networking with other traders via Twitter
- Analyze your positions with purchase history, average pricing, cost basis, gain/loss, dividends and corporate actions
- View distribution and historical performance of your holdings
- Intraday updates on market gainers, losers, active and high yielding stocks
- Compare US indices, world markets and currencies
What's New in Version 3.1
- Tag watch lists enhancements.
- Twitter integration updates.
- Share news and twitter links.
- Recent trades marquee in Portfolio tab.
- Reported crash bug fixes.
Just wait until a stock split
App can't keep up with stuff like stock splits. One of my "investments" discontinued one type of stock and provided all real life investors with shares of another stock in their company... this app however didn't do the same to match, it only registered that the stock value was suddenly zero and I lost everything in that stock. More recently the google stock split killed me. GOOG was changed and the new GOOG was suddenly half the value of the old stock and half my shares were deleted. I essentially lost 75% of my "investment" in GOOG. The real slap in the face came a week later when the app added shares to GOOG but didn't fully compensate the lost value of stock and didn't mirror how google handled the split IRL anyway.
Conclusion: Fun until the market does something complicated then you end up rage quitting. One star for leading me on like a bad gf.
This app is great. It is very easy to adapt to the world of stick. However, in certain markets trades become delayed and/or do not process all together. At times the connection falters and the app crashes. I believe there should be limiting options that allow you to set an automatic sell/buy point for your stocks. I would also like to see options for short selling stock. In some cases this can be a useful tool.
This is a fun game
This is a fun game and I imagine over time it will improve to add such things as buying and selling at certain prices.
This game will help you learn a few fundamental points about investing, without risking your own money.
It does not replace an investment advisor that helps you with sound short and long term investment strategies.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Finance
- Updated: Nov 29, 2013
- Version: 3.1
- Size: 4.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Continuous Integration Inc.
- © 2013 Continuous Integration, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Stock Wars Full (Ad Removal)$1.99