Alchemize by Schiau
By Schiau Studios SRL
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Featured in Guinness World Records Gamers Edition (2011)
Featured in "What's Hot" on iTunes App Store Worldwide (2009/2013)
5 stars - "Were confident in saying that we've found puzzling "gold" - AppSmile (2009)
4 stars - EDITORS' CHOICE "Brilliant" - TouchGen (2009)
"A different kind of matching puzzler" - TouchArcade (2009)
"This game is excellent." - Gear Diary (2009)
"I cant recommend this game any more highly!" - Mobile Tech Review (2009)
"Alchemize is an addictive new take on an old favorite" - Touch Reviews (2009)
PLAY LIKE THIS
Match 3 or more elements to discover a new one.
• 8 Game Modes (Ranging from 1 minute to 24+ hours of gameplay per game mode)
• 30 elements to combine
• 8 power-ups
• Stunning graphics & Effects
• Game Center
• Universal app
Alchemize by Schiau 1.5 (Beta Testing - Available in November)
• New controls (smoother movement)
• New board delimiters and ghost tiles
• New loading effect
• Info cards popups to learn how to play the game
• UI/UX changes for a smoother experience
Learn to pronounce Schiau:
'Schi' as in 'Ski' (the sport) + 'au' as in 'auch' (only the sound from au)
Repeat this two together as fast as possible. You got it.
For more information or support, please visit www.schiau.co or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Published and developed by Schiau (www.schiau.co).
What's New in Version 1.4
As a THANK YOU for round about a million alchemizers out there we give you a BIG BIG update (500+ new features and changes).
The game was rewritten from scratch by Silviu Schiau (Twitter: @sschiau).
More stuff coming soon.
We made Alchemize an universal app with:
• iPad native support
• iPhone 5 native support
• To be released very soon: OS X native (separate app purchase via Mac App Store for OS X 10.9+)
• 64-Bit Ready
• New Graphic Engine powered by SpriteKit Framework (very big performance improvements)
• New Sound Engine powered by OpenAL (big performance improvements)
• New Proprietary Algorithms Engine (8x faster)
• New Game Mode: 5x5 (for gamers with no time to spare)
• New Game Mode: 3x3 (for a few moments of fun)
• New Game Mode: Speed (each time you get 90 seconds to discover the next element)
• New elements: silver coin, wood and green gem.
• New sounds effects
• New particle effects via SpriteKit
• New proprietary algorithms for particles movement (ex. Helix)
• New Proprietary Real-Time Intuition Movement Algorithm for more organic feel
• New volume slider for music and sound effects
• New pause menu
• New scoring system
• New local stats via pause menu (total time played/combos achieved/high score)
• New combos
• New interface animations
• New score animation
• New orientation support: Upside down
• New iTunes App Store Screenshots
• Parallax clouds - very subtle emulation
• Winds simulation
• Fog simulation
• Snow simulation in Avalanche mode
• Autosave last played game
• Game Center Leaderboards
• 100 Game Center achievements
• Embedded font
• Brag to your friends on Facebook and Twitter
• Ability to Rate/Like/Follow Alchemize/Schiau or Silviu Schiau from within Alchemize on social networks
• A more colorful icon
• Redesigned bottles and a few other elements
• Minimalistic splash screen
• UI consistency
• Design tweaks
• More clear instructions on how to play
• Story rewritten
• Difficulty increased on higher levels
• Load/Save feature improved
• Ads removed forever
• Smaller on-device footprint by up to 61% (statistically)
• The programming code was reduced by 87% compared to last version
• Crashes and bugs improvements
• Approximately 350 minor refinements
ALCHEMIZE 1.5 (IN BETA TESTING)
• Features to TBA soon
ALCHEMIZE 1.6 (CONCEPT FINALIZED)
Estimated release: Early summer 2014 or sooner
We hope you like, recommend and rate Alchemize by Schiau accordingly.
An incredible and original match 3!
UPDATE: Now with more modes and more power-ups!
You've seen a million match 3s dropping two linked pieces, woop-ti-do...but there is a really clever twist this time! Every time you clear a group of three or more a new item is left behind. Three tulips form a clover, three clovers form a leaf, three leaves form a snoflake, and so on. So while the game has no levels there are 25 synthesizable items and 6 powerups. The game has no timer and pieces never start dropping faster, but believe you me, once you have even 10 different items in the game stuff gets incredibly tricky. The game is extremely polished, has a bunch of replayability, a very robust save/load system. While I think their initial $10 pricing was a bit much, it's a STEAL at $5 or less!
I enjoy the update. A lot of work was put into the game, and you can tell. There needs to be an adjustment to the bottle transparency & liquid color vs. fog & back drop. Otherwise thank you for the update and addressing earlier issues.
Edit: The main color/ fog issue is that before when an element was intended to be wiped from the board on the next match from discovery, the element in question would get hazy or foggy even. The update makes it appear as though a color is perpetually on the verge of being wiped.
New version is buggy...
I updated and tried a new game. I selected classic and for whatever reason, it says "Game Over" at the bottom of the screen while you play. It's very distracting.
Also, some pieces overlapped after I used the bowling bowl. This made it difficult to tell which piece I needed to match.
Lastly, the pieces didn't always drop down to the bottom after transforming, therefore, leaving the pieces floating.
Please fix these bugs. It's a great game but distracting to play with these issues.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Oct 13, 2013
- Version: 1.4
- Size: 27.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Schiau Studios SRL
- © 2009-2014 Schiau
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.