Muscle System Pro III - iPhone Edition
By 3D4Medical.com, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Developed in collaboration with Stanford University School of Medicine.
As featured in the WWDC 2012 Keynote Speech.
The Muscle System Pro III is used by most universities and is now the standard learning/reference tool for students and medical professionals.
Now with 215 movement animations, 425 audio pronunciations, 548 isolated muscles and 548 muscle Insertion and Origin maps (You can toggle between muscles and their attachment points on the bone).
For a 2 minute overview of how this app works - please visit: http://applications.3d4medical.com/muscle_pro.php
This app is by far the the most comprehensive musculoskeletal system on the market.
• 360 horizontal degree rotation of any body part - with a swipe of your finger.
• Rotate vertically for inferior and superior views where applicable.
• 10 layers of superficial and deep muscle.
• New 3D level with insertion / origin points mapped onto bone.
• 548 isolated muscles and insertion/origin points (mapped onto the bone)
• 215 animations of every movement of each articulation (e.g. flexion, extension, abduction, adduction, etc)
• 2 types of Quiz, Drag and Drop and Multi-choice - with ability to test on specific areas or muscles.
• 425 audio pronunciations, for every label. (Please ensure your language is set to English in settings for pronunciations to work)
• Draw on any screen image and then share it through email, Facebook or Twitter.
OTHER NEW FEATURES:
• Graphical Hints: On screen hints that can be turned on or off, for a complete understanding of all the app's features.
• Interface: Completely rebuilt to allow for simple navigation.
• Mix layers: Make one layer semitransparent to compare against another layer.
• Public Notes: Post or browse through shared public notes.
• Double Tap to zoom - zoom into and identify any region or muscle by tapping on the screen.
• Customize Pins - add your own pins and notes or add notes to existing pins.
• Jump to a different area of the body - jump to a different body area by tapping or dragging the white box on the full body thumbnail.
• Customize the app - using the settings function the user can choose which pins appear within the app - customize to different levels, i.e. high school, nurses etc…
This app’s primary use is as a learning tool but can also be used as a fast and innovative reference tool by utilizing the index function which allows the user to select a muscle and the app will automatically zoom in and identify it.
Additionally, this app is ideal for physicians, educators or professionals, in helping to locate a muscle and / or explain its relevance for certain conditions, ailments and injuries.
What's New in Version 3.7
The IOS 7 compatibility has been added.
Ok, but typos abundant and Quiz is worthless
The general concept of muscle anatomy is available. Good detail of insertion points and functions. That being said, there are many typos throughout the site showing a lack of upkeep. Also, the quiz is virtually unusable. You have toggle the screen from the answers to the diagram and there is no way to zoom in. This is ridiculous when you are trying to identify flexor a or extensors. You actually cannot toggle the view at all in quiz mode which makes the quizzes very hard to impossible. Also, often the answers with drag and drop will get moved when you try to move back to the answers which is frustrating when you are fighting a clock.
This helps me to learn visually where muscles are placed relative to each other, as well as viewing attachment sites. I love that you can pull away layers to see from superficial to deep. My only complaint is that the notes of attachments and actions are worded differently than what I have been taught, which makes it difficult to use for memorization learning.
Only app I've ever actually paid for
....DEF worth the $3.99...I have a 4S iPhone so was bummed I couldn't get the $20 one another student had with more features for the iPad, but this one works just fine and really helped me with my artistic anatomy endeavors!
- Category: Medical
- Updated: Oct 09, 2013
- Version: 3.7
- Size: 802 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: 3D4Medical.com
- © 2013 3D4Medical.com, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.