TomTom U.S. & Canada
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get the TomTom Navigation app at 30% discount and Traffic at 20% discount for a limited time.
Last minute plans? With the TomTom Navigation app, driving somewhere new couldn’t be easier. You’ve always got your iPhone with you, so navigation’s close at hand. And losing signal is not a problem, because the app works not only online, but offline too. This saves you money on data roaming costs, and you’ll have constant access to the same maps, technology and world-class navigation as on our GPS navigators. It’s the app that drivers can rely on.
Only the TomTom Navigation app offers all this:
›› Voice-guided turn-by-turn car navigation. Find your way the easy way with with clear voice instructions and a 2D or 3D view of the route ahead. Including automatic rerouting if you miss your turn.
›› Advanced Lane Guidance. Gives you extra clarity when navigating difficult junctions.
›› TomTom Offline Maps. Maps are stored on your iPhone or iPad – so you don't need a mobile data connection or large mobile data plan.
›› FREE Lifetime Maps. Download 4 or more full updates every year for the life of your app.
›› FREE Daily Map Changes. Benefit from shared daily map corrections from our 20 million strong Map Share community.
›› IQ Routes. The fastest routes, the most accurate and reliable arrival times - at all times of day.
›› Traffic. Drive with world-class traffic information (available via in-app purchase). (1)
›› Spoken Street Names. Helping you to keep your eyes on the road.
›› Powerful search. Search for destinations with TomTom Places, Facebook™ and foursquare™.
›› Multitasking support. Clear turn-by-turn guidance while on the phone.
›› Seamless integration. Integrates easily with your iPhone/iPad contacts, photos, music, email, browser, calendar, iCloud and maps.
For all features and full descriptions please see www.tomtom.com/navigation/iphone
*** MAPS COVERAGE ***
- US, CA.
*** MORE INFORMATION ***
- The TomTom Navigation app requires a GPS signal. 3G-enabled iPads, iPhone 3GS, and later models have an internal GPS receiver. Users of non-3G iPads and iPod touch 4th gen and later models will require an external GPS receiver. The original iPhone, iPhone 3G, original iPad, original iPod touch and iPod touch 2nd/3rd gen are not supported.
(1) Check http://www.tomtom.com/navigation/iphone for availability per country. Services are available via in-app purchase and require a mobile phone connection. Your operator may charge you for the data used and costs may be significantly higher when used abroad. Services can only be used on one device at the same time. If you want to use your subscription to a different device, restore your purchases in the TomTom Shop on your preferred device.
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- Photos can only be used for navigation if you have enabled Location Services in the Camera application.
What's New in Version 1.16
- LATEST, UPDATED TOMTOM MAP: because roads are constantly changing, on average 15% of roads change every year, your TomTom app update comes with the latest and most up-to-date map.
- NEW iOS7-STYLE DESIGN: the app has been refreshed so it fits better with the all-new design of iOS7. Clean, fresh icons, fonts and menus and a translucent status bar make the app feel every bit iOS7 as can be.
- INSTALLATION TIP: This app uses the standard update mechanism of iOS. If you are having problems updating your app, the following steps may be of help:
1. Make sure that iCloud backup is enabled on your device.
2. Open and close the TomTom app to make a backup.
3. Delete the app to free up space.
4. Remove other apps, videos, music and photos until you have at least 3.6GB free space.
5. Download the update from the App Store.
If possible, we recommend that you install updates via iTunes on your computer.
If these tips do not resolve your problem, please contact Apple Support for further assistance.
TomTom is the best
The TomTom US and Canada app is still my favorite. I like Apple's Maps app, and don't care for Google's. Recently bought a new VW with navigation. But, if I want to get where I need to go with confidence, I keep coming back to TomTom. When paired with a subscription to TomTom Traffic, it's unbeatable. On a recent trip, I ignored TomTom's advice, and was stuck in an hour-long traffic jam that TomTom was eager to help me avoid. And last evening, my VW nav led me right into another jam that TomTom would have shown me how to bypass. It's my best friend while driving, and worth every bit of its modest cost.
Brilliant App BUT There's Always Room For Improvement!
Been using TomTom for many years, whilst still living in England and glad I've got it installed now in my iPhone 5S here in America - just in case I happen to forget my TomTom stand alone GPS!
I've experienced crashes and do hope it will be addressed. Maybe some sort of bug. Like what I've said, there's always room for improvement so I'm pretty much looking forward for updates from this amazing App!!!
I have been using this app for years, and I used a TomTom device before that. I am not sure what others are talking about when they say it crashes. Mine has always been rock solid.
The coolest thing is that it does not require an Internet connection to work. Where I live, there is not often a good enough signal to use Google maps.
Get it. It is cheaper than a stand alone GPS and it works everywhere. You will never be lost again.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Dec 18, 2013
- Version: 1.16
- Size: 1.58 GB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Seller: TomTom
- ©2008 - 2013 TomTom International B.V. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- 12 Months TomTom Traffic$14.99
- 1 Month TomTom Traffic$1.99
- Mr. Burns$5.99
- Wallace & Gromit$5.99
- Marge Simpson$5.99