Gaia GPS: Topo Maps and Trails for Offline Hiking
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Plan trips and explore the wild with Gaia GPS, on your phone, tablet, and computer.
Widely considered the best outdoor mapping app, Gaia GPS has been showcased in Apple's "Your Verse" stories, and covered in countless major publications, from Outside and TrailRunner, to the New York Times and FOX News TappedIn.
Top adventure guides use Gaia GPS all over the world.
Since 2009, we've been constantly updating Gaia GPS to help people explore remote places, and stay safer in the woods. Today, many great people contribute to the support and development of Gaia GPS. You can always get in touch with the whole team at email@example.com.
Gaia (guy-yuh) comes from Greek mythology - she is the Goddess of the Earth, or Mother Nature.
• view maps online at www.gaiagps.com/map
• download worldwide topo, road, and aerial maps
• use Gaia's unique, streaming, vector, worldwide topo map
• includes the best government topo maps for the US and Canada (USGS, USFS, NRCan)
• unlimited downloads for offline use - no extra charges
►► Sync, Back-up, and Website
• use Gaia everywhere - iPhone, iPad, iPod, and online at www.gaiagps.com
• sync your tracks, photos, maps, and waypoints to all of your devices
• share links to tracks and photos, via email, Facebook, Twitter, SMS, and more
• keep your data backed up, effortlessly
►► Map Tools
• record tracks, waypoints, and take geo-tagged photos
• display NEXRAD radar, track data, and Gaia POI data with webpages from our search engine
• import and export GPX/KML files, by iTunes, Safari, DropBox, and email
• customize all aspects of Gaia, including units, coordinates types, color and sound, and more
Subscribe to GaiaPro to get extra features, maps, and support. The cost is $5.99/month or $39.99/year.
• use www.gaiagps.com to print maps and plan routes
• download multi-layered maps - mix and set opacity for many layers at once
• use MapBox cloudless aerial and street maps, the best and most up-to-date OpenStreetMap available
• view weather forecasts from Wunderground
• set custom icons for waypoints you create
• sync max-resolution photos to GaiaCloud
To manage your subscription:
• TURN OFF auto-renewal via the main Settings app: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4098
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
►► IMPORTANT - IPOD TOUCH AND WIFI ONLY IPADS - This application will not be fully functional on these devices, unless you have an external GPS attachment. The GPS Recorder and compass will be inactive. You will be able to view maps and waypoints, but you cannot record tracks.
►► GPS WARNING - Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 10.9.1
If you love Gaia GPS, help spread the word by leaving a review. Your review will also show fresh, when you rate a new update.
If you notice a problem with Gaia GPS, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We don't have a way to reply if you leave a review about an issue.
● iOS10 compatibility
● improvements for new route-maker
- route maker now remembers the mode a route was created with, and reloads it when editing
- route maker now handles editing imported routes in a sensible manner
- fixed a crash when saving route with a named waypoints
● fix issue where track recording in background could halt (in high memory situations, likely fixed)
● fix issue where GaiaPro users could crash when panning/zooming maps (in high memory situations, likely fixed)
● fixed an error that would cause users with more than 1000 tracks to not be able to sync successfully
Best Hiking App
This app is fantastic. I've used it for years. I've come to depend on it and have subscribed to the pro version for the added benefits. The app could use improvement in three main areas 1) more specificity behind the syncing options, 2) better sharing options. The shared web view of a track is a bit lackluster and the details (such as distance traveled) don't always match the track on the phone. 3) full camera capabilities within the app (e.g. Panorama). I find myself switching between the phone camera app and the Gaia camera app fairly frequently during hikes.
Provides so much support for my hiking! Has saved me many times from traveling to far down the wrong trail! I would not leave home on one of my backpacking/hiking trips without this on my iphone. Save the maps to your phone and coupled with the GPS on an iphone 6 i always feel comfortable on and off the trail. Definitely use all the time and have uploaded trails onto my device like Sheltowee Trace Trail. I have noticed that the Appalacian Trail is already on the topo maps.
So reliable useful.
Excellent powerful GPS package
v10.3: Continues improving reliability and UI refinements. Nice work 👍
v10.9: Substantial improvements to usability! Awesome!😃
This app helped me discover a new hobby: 🔍searching🔎 to find old railroad 🚂tracks and remnants, using its variety of historical maps which reveal the precise location where relics would be found!
I love the choice of many different mapping services. Great for finding maps on obscure hiking trails. the customizable display is killer too. Nice speed and altitude charts📉 plus moving average speed!
The developer takes a lot of pride and passion in this app, and they regularly improve upon it. I tip my hat to Trailbehind Inc for their dedication to putting out a quality product.
Like the Emperor said: "Now witness the power of my fully operating battle station"💪🏼😄
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Sep 13, 2016
- Version: 10.9.1
- Size: 50.2 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Trailbehind, INC.
- © 2009-2016 Trailbehind, inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases