Caissa's Web Free Chess
By Valdina LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Caissa's Web Free Chess allows you to play live, real-time games of chess on your iPhone or iPod Touch against other players anywhere in the world. You can play other iPhone/iPod users, or you can play against opponents logged in to the Caissa's Web chess website. Note that you must have an Internet connection to play, either WiFi or 3G/Edge.
- Easy-to-use graphical interface
- Play against human or computer opponents
- Choose traditional Chess or Chess960 (Fischer Random Chess)
- Time controls of 2, 5 or 10 minutes per game
- Elo-style ratings for finding suitable opponents
- Configure board color, piece style, sounds and other options
- All standard chess rules recognized
The best chess app I've found
This is a no-nonsense chess app. Fast play, the pieces look great, and the interface is excellent. Most of the time I can find a game instantly (g/2), but there are times where it might take a minute or two... no big deal. I've tried about 20 others and this is the one I've been sticking with.
Waiting for opponent...
I think I'm the only one playing this app. It can never (NEVER!) find me an opponent. It may be the greatest game experience in the app store, but I'll never find out because I can't start a game!