Stream Japan's most popular anime with Crunchyroll. Watch new shows like Boruto: Naruto Next Generations, The Ancient Magus' Bride, and Dragon Ball Super, plus favorites like Attack on Titan, Cowboy Bebop, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, and hundreds more! Plus, watching Crunchyroll's licensed content supports the creators who work to bring you awesome anime every week (Show availability varies by region).
Start watching your favorite anime now for free (no membership required), or try Crunchyroll Premium FREE for 7 days. Sign up via the Crunchyroll app now!
- No ads
- New episodes one hour after airing in Japan
- Watch on Apple TV, Xbox, PS4, Roku – pretty much any internet-connected screen
Become a Premium user with in-app purchasing to easily auto-pay every month.
In-App Purchase information:
- Subscribe to Premium for only $6.99 per month (amount in USD in US App Store)
- Your iTunes Account will automatically be charged after you confirm your subscription
- The subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of your billing period. You can manage subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to Account Settings after purchase
- Your iTunes Account will be charged $6.99 monthly for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period
- A current subscription cannot be cancelled during an active subscription period
Bug fixes and behind-the-scenes improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
App with identity crisis
Crunchyroll publishes awesome anime. But the app has an identity crisis. Login with a paid subscriber account and everything works great. Five stars. Seriously. It is very well done. But — and this is huge — not everyone can afford the monthly fees and the execution of the advertising ruins the app. No stars. Crunchyroll needs the advertising to fund the delivery of no-cost anime to its free subscribers. It is the TV broadcasting business model. No problem. But the technology used to insert the ads fails to match the quality of the overall app. The ads lock up the app. They also repeat themselves three times in a row in the same ad break. And while the ads are supposed to be targeted to the interests of the viewers, they are not. If Crunchyroll could get the advertising to work correctly, advertising could possibly make more money per user than paid subscriptions. Determining the interests of viewers is pretty easy. You just ask them. Do interesting ads and people will click them. Streaming technology is good enough to never lock up an app. And never repeat ads during the same break. I will never buy a Volvo no matter how many times you run the ad. I'm a Subaru guy. You should already know that. Have Subaru tell me about its awesome technology and I will click the ad to find out more info. Everyone wins — Crunchyroll, advertisers and anime fans. Fix it please.
Fun with settings
I use this app almost every day. I admit I may have an addiction to anime my apologies if I seem biased. I have found so many good anime in this app, the only draw back is the paid subscription that takes away ads. It's 6.99 a month but I believe it's worth it. I have been a premium member for over a year now and I find that it's much easier to just pay the full years worth up front cause it's about the cost of a new video game instead of paying every month which is troublesome, annoying and also costs more. But all in all I think that if your willing to put in the cash for a year you will be extremely satisfied. Also on another note be sure to look closely at the settings due to the fact that there is a setting that allows you to enable or disable mature content. If enabled there should be a more variety of anime that will show on the anime list.(this has been my experience and they may have changed things since this post.) But all in all great app worth the money if you aren't afraid of the sticker price. And most importantly, enjoy the wonders, fun, excitement, and often times heart jerking tear fests that is anime!
This service has the potential to be really awesome. I tried the free trial and started watching right away and ended up keeping the subscription for premium going.
There are some annoyances such as when I try to fast forward through intros It can sometimes take 3-5 minutes to even play the show again and it usually happens multiple times.
My biggest issue though, and reason for 2 stars is that I was having an issue where my password was not working when trying to sign in on my other devices. When I tried to reset password, the link never came. I tried multiple times a day to reset and yes I checked spam and every folder but nothing. I reached out to customer service which got back to me quickly but they said that I have no account with them yet I’m being billed for premium. They escalated the issue but I never heard back and this was almost 2 weeks ago. I’ve sent another help request and haven’t heard back at all. For some reason now I’m able to sign in with my password to other devices but my premium account status is gone yet I’m still paying for the subscription. I’ve even tried unsubscribing and subscribing and issue persists. This has really become annoying and I’d love to give more stars and continue service if they could resolve my issue!
- Ellation, Inc.
- 55.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2017 Ellation Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Premium Membership $6.99
- Anime Membership $6.99
- Monthly Premium+ Membership $11.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.