Collins Latin Dictionary
By Mobile Systems
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Collins Latin Dictionary offers the learner of Latin an extensive coverage of Latin and English in a compact, portable format. Developed as part of the "Collins Education" stream, this dictionary is designed for all levels of language learners, whether at home, at school, or at work.
From Europe’s Leading Bilingual Dictionary Publisher:
* Comprehensive and authoritative, with all the words and phrases you need
* Extra help with difficult words
* Easy-to-use colour layout helps you find what you are looking for quickly and easily
A search tool
Featuring various search options to help you find the words you need more easily, including:
* A quick search of words while you type
* A ‘fuzzy filter’ when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
* A ‘keyword’ search for finding key words within compound words
* A wild card search facility which can replace a letter or a group of letters
A learning tool
The dictionary app includes a number of features which help you to grow your vocabulary further:
* A ‘Favourites’ feature allows you to create your own categories and lists of words from the extensive library, which includes all cross-curriculum words
* Your last visited words are all saved in your ‘History’, so that you can quickly look back at recently checked words
* Discover more about language with the special language notes and ‘Word of the day’ feature
* Fun and engaging word games like ‘Hangman’, ‘Word scramble’ and ‘Anagrams’ give the opportunity to use newly learnt words
What's New in Version 5.2.22
* Optimized for iOS 5
An expensive app, the Collins Latin Dictionary provides less information and less usability than the .99 apps. It is inexcusably inadequate, and its advertising claims border on the fraudulent--especially considering its 9.99 price. No more than a word list, a basic glossary, it lacks all the traditional apparatus of a professionally prepared dictionary: no examples, incomplete entries, no charts or tables or lists. Astonishingly, its extra features, games & such, are in English--no help at all for learning Latin. This is a badly--no, cynically--produced reference that would be overpriced at any price.
English hangman only
I don't understand why you have hangman and word scramble doing English words only. I know English, want to learn latin. So pretty useless. It's those I bought this app for. Dictionary itself is OK but expensive, I already had one just as good for cheaper.
This app is really fast and easy to use!
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Jan 31, 2013
- Version: 5.2.22
- Size: 6.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Mobile Systems
- © 2010 Mobile Systems, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.