By Groupie LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Groupie is a group-messaging app that lets you create and join groups on any topic from your iDevice. It’s the easiest way to discover groups, meet new people and stay in touch with friends. With over 25,000 groups, there’s always something to talk about ;)
-Create, join and explore thousands of groups
-Send and receive private messages
-Share photos, links and more
-View suggested groups based on your interests
-Customize your personal and group profiles
-Earn “Fame” and improve your street cred
-Manage members and messages
-Create public/private and global/local groups
-Share your favorite posts on FB and Twitter
-Connect using the web at www.Groupie.co
Still not convinced? Here’s what our users are saying:
"Words can't describe how simple, superb, and spectacular this social networking app is." -03V_
"Not only is it a great way to connect with random people but it's an easy way to connect with your friends and family as well." -nickelleteXninja
"Groupie is one of the greatest things to come about in social networking...if you're anything like me, you'll become hooked and addicted, and all other social networks will be a thing of the past." -jflory7
"When you join groupie, you're discovering a universe of interesting discussions. You're swimming in a vast ocean of diversity of both people and interests. You're discovering the Groupieverse." -Saykazay
"Groupie will be your new daily dose for social networking." -Dillon
What's New in Version 2.3.9
iOS7 Compatibility fixes. Resolved crash bringing up selected groups.
I love this app. It helps me socialize with new people, and make great friends. Although, there are definitely many things that can be improved.
1) rearrange certaint buttons. In every app I use, if there is a save feature, the save button is in the top right of the screen. But in this app, that button is "clear", and I keep resetting things in my profile that I type.
2) instead of a message button in the top right corner when messaging, why not have a message bar at the bottom of the screen for faster messaging?
3) give us the ability to tap on others profiles that we sent friend requests to, and re-read their profiles. I sometimes forget what kind of people some of the people I friend are. I'd like to see their profile while they still haven't accepted the friend request. But instead, a message comes up saying "awaiting response to request" or something like that.
4) give us the ability to tap our own profile pictures from a messaging group, or pm, and edit our profiles from there. It would be a lot faster to edit our profiles that way.
5) let us send a message along with the friend request to the person we send the request to. Some people won't accept the request because they think I want to friend them for "others reasons" then the real reason. If we could send 1 message along with the request, we could explain why we're friending them.
These are just a few ideas. I hope you take them to consideration.
Ruined my life
Groupie is something to marvel at. One app is capable of distracting someone to ends unimaginable. This app is responsible for turning me into a horrible cynical jerkwad of a person. The formatting is excellent and very streamlined. Some of the people you meet can make you question your existence. Ads are present, but not an issue when navigating. I've probably wasted days worth of hours of my life on here. Sign up is easy and fast, and the process of gaining higher ranks is a pretty well thought incentive. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to waste all of their time socially while not actually talking face to face with people. It's like Kik, but for intelligent people. Usually.
Very well made- I recommend this.
Groupie is, in my opinion of using it for about 3/4 of a year, is wonderful. A bit confusing at first, but once you get the hang of the post system it is MUCH more organized. The post limit is also higher, which made me SO happy. Finally I could type the kind of posts I wanted without worrying so much about text limits. I do like the entire layout; It's very organized and easy to use. If you're a textplus user and are looking at this app, get it. You won't regret it. Just pull your t+ friends over with you! :)
Screen Name: Sin Kuran
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Oct 07, 2013
- Version: 2.3.9
- Size: 9.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Groupie LLC
- © 2009-2013 Groupie LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Screen Name Change $1.99
- Ad Removal$2.99
- $5 App Development Donation$4.99
- $20 App Development Donation$19.99
- $10 App Development Donation$9.99