By GameResort LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"Castle Warriors is a simple and attractive strategy game that should appeal to a broad range of players."
"I’m a huge fan of games that I get a laugh out of, and Castle Warriors doesn’t fail to deliver."
"If you enjoyed Galcon, this app will bring a nice 3D twist to the gameplay."
"Simple, fun, quick, and addicting, Castle Warriors was a great experience and I really enjoyed the look and presentation of the game’s campaign."
"The game is pretty addicting and highly enjoyable."
"...a gem that can really showcase what we’ve come to expect from the App Store."
"It’s very simple, yet incredibly fun and entertaining."
Battle for Queen and Country: skewer a few clichés along the way.
Queen Mynera rules a lovely land threatened by despicable foes. Of course, you are her only hope. Castle Warriors is a tensely fought, tightly paced RTS game set in a landscape that gently tweaks all those fantasy tropes from the games of yore. Lead armies of warriors, veterans, warlords, heroes and even giants, against goblins, orcs, ogres, trolls and demons. You must take and defend castles, use superior strategy and tactical timing to gain advantage before claiming victory.
You must Creep on the Borderlands, defend Waterseep, and find the Temple of Elemental Good. And what possible trouble could a few missing magic items be? Hmmmm…
Simple touch controls
12 battlefields linked in a campaign
Castles that upgrade during the battle, with new capabilities and defenses
Difficulty modes to suit your style of play
Buy Castle Warriors now. Because if you don’t stop evil now, what chance will you have in the sequel?
By the developers of 'Downhill Bowling' and 'Biplane Wings of Raccoon'.
What's New in Version 1.1
- Quick Play (Skirmish) mode: create your own battles on any unlocked map by selecting number of troops and days.
- Streamlined troop selection UI.
- Adjusted castle selection (less likely to accidentally select the wrong castle).
- Scroll sensitivity adjustment option.
- Bug fixes.
Castle warriors is worth .99 for sure
So much potential in this game.
- instructions aren't thorough. For example, how come you have different unit types sometimes.
- new unit types would be nice
- stat info on castle upgrades plz, and clear models that differentiate betwen them
- takes too many turns to upgrade castles,so it's easier to leave 30ish at each and run around
- multiple clicking for some, half, more, all is slow. Improve by adding buttons or something
- give stars or something to reward for easy vs med vs hard mode. Points aren't that meaningful.
- stats after battle and rounds for both enemy and you
Come for the gameplay, stay for the campy humor
I am thoroughly enjoying this great game and comedic masterpiece. I can't wait to finish a level to read the funny letter from the commander to the queen. I will not repeat the jokes here and spoil the fun, but I will say they are "pythonesque". The actual presentation and gameplay are top notch, even on my aging 1G touch (OS 3.1). But read AlbieOne's review for the lowdown there.
Interesting idea, gameplay suffers.
The controls, with the exception of sending the warriors out, are easy to play. Unfortunately, sending the warriors out to fight is the point. If you only want to get to the adjacent castle, the controls work great. Scrolling to a far away castle does not seem to work reliably, and deep strikes seem to be the way to win. Also, I found the dialog betwee the king and the noble to be a bit puerile.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Oct 27, 2009
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 31.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: GameResort LLC
- © 2009 GameResort LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 2.2.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.