By Daniel Dickison
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Wi-Fly Remote lets you use your iPhone or iPod touch as a remote-control joystick for X-Plane®, the excellent desktop flight simulator by Laminar Research*.
Like they say, the best joystick is the one that you carry with you at all times. Perfect for on-the-road laptop flying!
NOTE: You MUST have a copy of the X-Plane desktop flight simulator (NOT the same-named iPhone app) to use Wi-Fly Remote. This app is useless by itself! Please see requirements below.
See http://danieldickison.com/wifly for demo videos and to download the free Wi-Fly Plugin for X-Plane.
- Large trackpad allows for "blind" control
- 4 axes of control: tilt x/y and trackpad x/y
- Very fast response time
- Customizable axis parameters
- Built-in control presets for fixed-wing aircraft (yoke, rudder and throttle) and helicopters (cyclic, yaw and collective)
- "Hold" switch so you can set it down without going in to a nosedive
- X-Plane version 8.50+ or 9.30+ on Mac OS X (10.5+) or Windows (sorry, Linux is not currently supported by the plugin).
- The free Wi-Fly Plugin available from http://danieldickison.com/wifly
- iPhone or iPod touch must be connected via Wi-Fi to the same local network as the computer running X-Plane.
* Wi-Fly Remote is not developed or endorsed by Laminar Research.
What's New in Version 1.1.1
• Fix settings sometimes not getting saved.
• New: iOS 3.1 compatibility.
This app works just perfectly and is a real alternative to all other hardware if not available or useable... just give it a try! It's easy to install and just keeps what it promises...
One of the all time great plugins for X-plane. I've used it for 3 years and never needed a yoke or joystick. Recommend it to your friends and they'll thank you for it.
Great app if you know how to use it. It does what it's supposed to do. Nothing more, nothing less. Could use more features, but can't complain :)
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jul 15, 2011
- Version: 1.1.1
- Size: 0.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Daniel Dickison
- © 2009 Daniel Dickison
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.