By Jason Linhart
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Sudoku Joy offers unlimited play at sixteen difficulty levels, the most of any free Sudoku app. This ad supported app offers features comparable to the paid apps! Sudoku keeps your brain sharp, young, and nimble! Relax after a hard day or just pass the time with the puzzle everyone is talking about.
Novices will especially appreciate Sudoku Joy. Our tutorial with practice games, extensive feature set, and advanced hint system are ideal if you are just learning Sudoku. Play more, learn to be a better player, find Sudoku Joy!
Our multi-stage hint system starts with a gentle reminder to get you back on track, and works up to an illustration of the exact technique to use and how it applies to the current board. Our hints ease those frustrating moments and teach you how to be a better player.
- Puzzle generator for unlimited play
- Scan puzzles from books/newspaper using camera
- Solver helps you with games from the newspaper
- Sixteen difficulty levels
- Tutorial teaches you new techniques
- Large, high contrast digits are easier to read
- User interface optimized for fewer touches
- Choice of six color schemes
- Never covers up the board while you are playing
- Infinite undo/redo
- Automatic or manual pencil marks
- Manually enter games from the newspaper
- Automatically saves your game when you get a phone call, switch applications, or lock the phone
- Highlighting helps you discover patterns
- Game clock; compares your time to other players
- Avoids graphic frills that distract from play
- Choice of digit styles, including Kanji and Hanzi
Discover Sudoku Joy!
What's New in Version 5.1.4
Switched the Sudopedia links to use a working mirror of Sudopedia, as the main site has been down for some time. The iPad version can now show more hint text at one time. Various other minor bug fixes.
This is a great way to learn the tricks of Sudoku. There are so many...who knew! I like being able to enter puzzles from advanced books such as Beyond Black Belt Sudoku when I get stuck and then use the the hints and explanations to figure out yet another technique. Feeling pretty good about the Annoying level and ready to move on. This is amazingly free of glitches, and only once has a puzzle ended with a deadly pattern. I also like the clicks when numbers are entered and the green flash when a column, row, block or number is completed. This lets you do truly hard or advanced puzzles with a safety net while you need it.
What I wanted, and more
I wanted a Sudoku app which would let me work on the puzzle from the newspaper. This does that, but will scan a picture of a puzzle, saving me time and mistakes. It even let's me store multiple puzzles on the camera roll, which I can work on as time permits. Additionally, there is a great tutorial, as well as hints while working a puzzle. All in all, easy to use and educational, too.
Great job, and free, too.
Everything I ever wanted in a Sudoku app
A great range of difficulty, hints if you want them, statistics for whichever way you decide to play, a clean interface, easily choose pencil marks... ll terrific. I particularly like the bookmark feature, which is the only way I can solve the really difficult levels. And the highlights for your chosen digit help immensely. All in all, a great app!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jan 27, 2013
- Version: 5.1.4
- Size: 5.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Jason Linhart
- © 2009-2013 Jason T. Linhart
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.