Charts&Tides (US East)
By Navimatics Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Charts&Tides is the first full resolution, seamless charting iPad app for marine navigation with full compatibility for the iPhone. Purchase Charts&Tides for one low price and run the software on your iPad and your iPhone. It's like getting two apps for the price of one.
Charts&Tides makes the perfect companion to your onboard navigation system. It offers a secondary navigation solution for backup and alternate views, and provides the most comprehensive point of interest (POI) data available with support for ActiveCaptain markers. Always know where you are and what's up ahead. And with the addition of offline updating and reviews you can contribute your knowledge and experience to ActiveCaptain right from your iPad and iPhone.
- Supports standard NOAA vector charts for accurate data.
- All chart data is built-in and automatically updated with program updates ensuring you have up-to-date navigation information.
- The only true heads-up display instantly rotates your chart as your boat turns, including text, making it the most readable display available.
- Chart quilting for seamless display as you move chart to chart so you always know what's ahead.
- Stores the entire ActiveCaptain database offline providing you with instant access to the most accurate guidebook (marinas, anchorages, hazards, bridges, reviews, plus a lot more) allowing you to plan you boating adventures with confidence.
- Contribute updates, additions, and reviews to ActiveCaptain right from your iPad and iPhone.
- Fully synchronizes the offline POI database with the ActiveCaptain server when you have an internet connection so you can have the latest information possible.
- Built-in search mode for finding any location, marina, bridge or other navigation items quickly.
- 3D Bathymetry view for a different perspective of your navigation surroundings.
- Plus integrated tides/currents, weather, sun/moon calendar and much more.
For half the price of a single paper guidebook, you can purchase Charts&Tides today and receive a full featured navigation program for your iPad AND your iPhone along with the most comprehensive guidebook available anywhere.
COVERAGE: This product includes the data for the US East Coast including all of Florida. The product does not include any Canadian coverage. For Canadian coverage look into our US & Canada East product.
Visit our website for more detailed coverage.
What's New in Version 4.7.13203
Chart Edition: Jul 8, 2013
Well worth it!
This is a terrific app, and it would be a bargain at twice the cost. I have and use both the iPad and iPhone versions. The charts are accurate and the GPS feature means you always know where you are. Integrated with Active Captain, you have a wealth of knowledge at your fingertips about anchorages, marinas, shoaling, etc. Drop waypoints and navigate to them - simple. The speed over ground feature is more accurate than the Raymarine instrument I just installed. Measure distances accurately and easily with two taps - this is invaluable.
I have used this app to go to an anchorage that I have never been to - in the dark! Have used this to navigate to many places and it has never let me down. I never go out on the water without this app!
Charts are horrible Active Captain - just ok
The charts are very poor quality charts that are not even close to the quality of the NOAA ENC charts. For navigation, it is not only useless but also dangerous due to the lack of detail. What I mean by lack of detail is that this app does not show all the data and most particularly "soundings".
The Active Captain data is less than you find online with many marinas and data missing. Even after an update.
This app is not even close to what u get on active captain online.
Very disappointed in the lack of value or quality.
Very useful program!
I just delivered a sailboat from Long Island NY to North Carolina. I referred to this app many times daily for tide/current info, for latest updates on harbor depth/shoaling, for Marinas and anchorage info and much more. This is a GREAT app.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Jul 26, 2013
- Version: 4.7.13203
- Size: 310 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Navimatics Corporation
- © 2008-2013 Navimatics Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.