Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Start your car from virtually anywhere with your iPhone! As seen in the iPhone TV ads.
“Making the cloud-connected car a reality”
"The coolest thing at the Consumer Electronics Show"
"Without a doubt, one of the coolest apps I've ever seen"
- Free app includes SmartPark parking spot finder, parking meter reminder, and guest membership in Viper Motor Club.
- When combined with a Viper SmartStart module in your car, you can start, lock and unlock your car from virtually anywhere. Receive push or text notification if your car alarm goes off (when installed with a Viper security system). You can even control your compatible home security system in one convenient, easy to use app.
- When combined with a Viper SmartStart GPS module, you can also locate your car, share activity on Facebook (because your car needs friends, too), and set safety notifications if your car is speeding or goes where it's not supposed to go.
- New for 3.0, add a Viper SmartStart Bluetooth® Module for lightning-fast response when closer to your vehicle, even when parked outside of cell network coverage.
- Also new for 3.0, cloud-connected features such as SmartSchedule and real-time Status makes the integration of car and smartphone more powerful than ever before.
Are you tired of carrying around another clunky remote control on your keychain, or finding yourself out of range when you really need to warm up or cool down your car before getting in? Now you can securely remote start, lock/unlock, or find your car just by pushing a button on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, using the exciting new Viper SmartStart app from Directed, the leader in vehicle security and remote start. And, now the same convenient app also lets you arm and disarm your compatible home security system.
Includes these FREE features (no hardware or service plan required):
- SmartPark – Ever forgotten where you parked? SmartPark saves the location for you every time you lock your doors with Viper SmartStart.
- Viper Motor Club - Locked out? Need a tow? We've got your back. Download the app and sign up for a FREE guest membership to the Viper Motor Club and get 24/7/365 access to the Viper Motor Club's 30,000 licensed service providers.
Download the free app and check it out.
The simple graphical interface gives you control over the following features of your installed Viper remote start or security/remote start system:
- Remote car starter
- Trunk release
- Panic or car finder
- Aux channels
With Viper SmartStart GPS, add family-friendly features such as HotSpot and Speed alerts so you get notified if your kids go somewhere they aren’t supposed to, or drive unsafely.
How do you get Viper SmartStart? Just follow these three simple steps:
1) Download the free Viper SmartStart app
2) Get SmartStart installed in your car (see viper.com/smartstart for more information and where to buy Viper SmartStart).
3) Set up your SmartStart account
That’s all there is to it. Download the app and play around with the demo to see how it works.
- Is my car secure when I remote start it? Yep, we've been doing this a long time. The car is started, but only you can drive it away.
- What is Viper Motor Club? It's our roadside assistance program that is included with every SmartStart Secure service plan. Guest members sign up for free membership and pay only $79 per incident. Secure Plan subscribers get free roadside assistance included with their service plan.
What's New in Version 3.1.5
-This upgrade supports Bluetooth passive keyless entry. Requires special beta hardware.
First let me say that I really love technology. Overall, the app works well. There are a few things that I fell can be improved upon.
After selecting the 'status' button, it should automatically refresh, I shouldn't have to select the refresh button.
It seems that the alert I have set for speed does not work.
It would be great for the app to show when the engine has started, for instance the 'Smart Start' but should only be green when the engine is on and maybe red when it's off. Oh and the smart schedule, well that doesn't seem to be working well either. Another thing, there should be a timer for the length of the the engine is running, that would be super helpful.
Other than all of that, the app works well, it starts my car without any problems and only maybe a couple of times I had errors relating to cellular connection.
Timer for engine run time
Indication that engine was start
Good but could be much better
What works: easy to use. Have noticed that if you drive in and out of range reliably (like a weekday commute), it seems to learn where the car is and conquers the inability to connect to it.
What doesn't: did anyone read the iOS Design Guidelines before constructing this app? Lots of design improvements could be made. Why can't the home screen change colors if the car is running? Why is there a refresh button on the status page when the pattern should be pull down to refresh? And the More tab is a travesty of information hierarchy.
Also the ads for Viper Home aren't appreciated (I am a paying customer here), and the app apparently can't tell if I'm logged out or just demoing it. Today it gave me all manner of cheeky "buy me" messages before I figured out that I'd been logged out of the app.
Love and hate it
I love the fact that I can use my phone to start/unlock/lock my truck virtually anywhere.
However I've had several uses where the unlock command won't be sent from the app., and I don't use my key fob anymore so I'm either stuck outside the truck or I have to manually shut of the alarm.
The refresh in status should be up to date all the time, especially when a command is sent it should be able to pull that info as well.
The GPS would be nice if it kept track of each position the vehicle is if it's started. It can go by time 1, 3, 10 mins etc. Also the GPS should be constant where I just have to look and see where it's at, I shouldn't have to refresh.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Aug 29, 2013
- Version: 3.1.5
- Size: 23.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Directed Electronics, Inc.
- © 2012 Directed
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Viper Pink$0.99
- Viper Responder Skin$0.99