TV Guide Mobile
By TV Guide
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Download the app USA Today calls “invaluable” and Time lists as one of 50 Must-Have Apps. It has also been named a 2013 Webby Awards Honoree.
Also featured in The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Los Angeles Times, FoxNews.com, Reuters, CNET, Fast Company, TechCrunch, and more.
Users love it too:
•“at the top of the best new app list” – Didi1360
•It’s “the TV app I was waiting for since before apps were a thing.” - Robert Reed
•“Love the Watchlist & New Tonight features. This app beats other TV apps by far.” – Betty960
•“keeps all of my shows organized” – Zach Crandell
TV Guide’s new official app for the iPhone®, IPad® and iPod touch ® is your one-stop, 24/7 TV companion and our best listings guide ever. It makes TV simple again – anywhere, anytime. Your feedback was instrumental in the creation of many cool new features and we’re excited for you to see them. Please keep your feedback coming – what you love, what you don’t and what you want to see next.
• Watchlist - your super-personalized TV Guide: Organize your favorite shows, sports teams, movies, and actors and find where you can watch them – on TV, on demand, streaming and DVD.
• Video: Link to watch TV and movies instantly on ABC, ABC Family, CW, Hulu Plus, HBO Go, MAX Go, Crackle and iTunes. Watch now, anywhere, anytime.
• New Tonight: What's new in prime time with three handy filters:
1. All new shows
2. Trending – a social hot list based on what TV Guide users are watching
3. Watchlist – only your favorite shows
• Listings: Detailed info about every airing with the ability to:
1.Set up alerts and never miss a live airing
2.Easily personalize your Watchlist
3.Filter by HD-only and favorite channels
4.Check-in and share what you're watching with your friends on Facebook, Twitter and more
• Exclusive content: The best in breaking news, features, videos and photos, curated by TV Guide's editors
• News Watchlist filter: Get news customized just for you
• One account: TVGuide.com users can enjoy the convenience of one linked account forTVGuide.com and TV Guide for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Set up individual accounts for every member of your family.
•We've optimized our app for iOS 5 and above. Users with iOS 4.x can continue using TV Guide Mobile 2.2.1 and below.
What's New in Version 4.1.5
Numerous performance and crash fixes.
Let the competition begin
TV Guide had been a really dull rerendation of a Web list till 3.0. Finally this redesigned app feels like a mobile app. Will it provide real value above PEEL? 3.0.1's additional functionality is heading that way, thought there will be a long road to catch up.
I love an app that lists over-the-air programming in my area! 2.0 even added smaller stations under the 1.x sub-channel alignments. Favourites is a neat feature, as is reminders. The listing narrower (balancer slides icon) is quite interesting, too. In short, 2.0.0 added usability a lot. But 2.1? Not so much.
I gave up this app in 1.4.2 for Peel, as it didn't have complete OTA listing, and customisation was very limited. (Plus that silly post-search crash.) Now these two have improved, and the learning curve is not as steep (but function still more limited than Peel), I gave it another chance. But no, the customization feature still lacks fine tuning. For example, some OTA channels in my "area" are off limit to my location, why would I want the noise in list mode? This was the deal breaker for 2.1, the last update before 3.0.
In 3.0, you can theoretically eliminate unavailable channels by adding all available channels to "favourite" then list "Favourite only". That's a rather nasty workaround, not to say labour intensive. I'm willing to give TV Guide a third life, although this shortcoming hasn't completely disappear.
FIX my RECURRING NEW EPISODE alerts
THIS UPDATE DIDN'T FIX my RECURRING NEW EPISODE ALERTS for XY BATES MOTEL AND NOW I DON'T get alerted for ANGER MANAGEMENT on FX.
I HAVE NOT gotten ALERTS for RECURRING NEW episodes of XY on CN since like episode 6 during the Olympic break.
I set a RECURRING NEW EPISODE ALERT for BATES MOTEL on A&E & I NEVER got the ALERT MONDAY NIGHT.
I MISSED A NEW BATES MOTEL on A&E.
AND NOW I DON'T get RECURRING NEW EPISODE ALERTS for ANGER MANAGEMENT on FX.
Because of these ALERTS NOT ALERTING me I HAD TO DROP my rating to 3 stars.
FIX the ALERTS for RECURRING NEW EPISODES & I'll switch my rating back to 5 stars
Love this app!
This is the best app for TV !!! Right at your fingertips n no extra papers laying around that you have to find! Give this a try...you will love it!!!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Apr 18, 2014
- Version: 4.1.5
- Size: 12.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: TV Guide Online Holdings LLC
- © 2012 TV Guide Online Holdings, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.