By Twitter, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
See what’s happening in the world right now. From breaking news and entertainment, sports and politics, to big events and everyday interests. If it’s happening anywhere, it’s happening on Twitter. Get the full story as it unfolds, with all the live commentary.
Be part of what everyone is talking about and get videos, live footage and Moments, direct from the source.
Join in on all the action by sharing what’s happening in your world. On Twitter you can post photos with stickers, GIFs, videos, and even stream live video with the Periscope button. There is no better way to have your voice heard.
What's New in Version 6.70
A few minor updates that you didn’t even know you needed.
What's up with links?
So is this a one star app? Probably not. Does it have a major flaw that makes it really frustrating to use. Yes it does.
How is it possible that Twitter's app can't handle links? I haven't been able to figure out exactly what causes this but it is very common. If somebody puts a link in their tweet the twitter app shortens the whole tweet, even removing text not related to the link and replaces it with a link to the tweet. Clicking this link takes you out of the Twitter app and opens a tweet in your browser. Now you can read the full tweet and click the link but if you want to return to twitter you need to close your browser and reopen the twitter app.
How it should work:
3-link opens in twitter app
5-close link, continue reading tweets
How it works:
1-read part of tweet
2-click link to tweet
3-tweet opens in browser
4-read full tweet
6-link opens in browser
9-reopen twitter app
10-continue reading tweets
Who in their right mind thinks this is an acceptable flow? Not only that but the Twitter app has a browser built in, why would it ever try to open a link in an external browser?
I've been patiently waiting for Twitter to fix this issue for many updates now yet it remains. I've contacted twitter support about the issue and gotten zero response. Hence why I've finally come here to leave this 1 star review.
Needs more improvements!!!!
1. Give us a option in settings if we want to activate or deactivate the moments tab.
2. Give us a bigger viewing of the profile picture.
3. Give us the edit button so we don't have to continue deleting our misspelled/messed up tweets.
4. Get ride of the characters for tweeting I don't need to read essays on my timeline all the time.
5. Change the color of the theme for the app we don't need it white.
6. Get rid of the likes & retweet limit.
7. Give us a way to go & look at celebs & other people we follow tweets from a year or months ago!
8. Fix the app so it's not freezing up half the time!
9. Fix the whole app so when you uninstall & reinstall the app it doesn't end up not opening cause that's my main thing is it needs to stop with the screwing up all the time!!!!!
10. Give us boarders for our photos since our Instagram photos don't show up anymore that way we can make our photos look even cooler!!!
11. Fix the app so when you uninstall & reinstall the app that it shows all the changes that you made including showing the moments tab like it used to right away that would help a lot!!!
12. Give us the detail on what you changed with the app like you use to do instead of doing what facebook does seriously!!!!
Please take these & make improvements for us please!!!!!!
**Please be aware Twitter keeps releasing updates with little or no actual improvements or fixes in order to hide their negative reviews for a little bit**
Twitter allows certain users to spam & spambot hashtags and posts, but then hides posts from actual users using the same hashtag. Twitter also undoes retweets of posts/hashtags Twitter staff doesn't like.
Support refuses to answer questions on why they are censoring/shadowbanning accounts who are *not* violating Twitter rules, and refusing to do anything about accounts who are massively and actively violating Twitter rules.
Twitter also has a 'whitelist' of users who are friends with people in the Twitter support department or liked by support.
The whitelisted users are allowed to harass and abuse other users with zero punishment. People on the whitelist also can have other users who they don't like suspended or banned for minor infractions, or completely fictional infractions.
Twitter is now a safe and protected haven for professional victims, racist & sexist celebrities, racist & sexist e-celebrities, sexual predators (including pedophiles), allies/defenders of sexual predators (including pedophiles), hate-mongers pretending to be feminists, and their allies.
- Category: News
- Updated: Jan 18, 2017
- Version: 6.70
- Size: 180 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Twitter, Inc.
- © Twitter, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes