By NIKOLI Co.,Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This app does not work properly on iOS 7.
Now you can play Akari puzzles on your iPhone/iPod touch.
Akari was developed by Nikoli. Nikoli is the classiest puzzle provider of all, Nikoli originally popularized the world famous logical puzzle "Sudoku." Akari has attracted fans since 2001. In Akari you have rules to place "light bulbs" and illuminate the rooms in the Akari grid. Akari has attracted a worldwide following with its simple rules, logical complexity, and the rhythmic feel of the puzzles.
We have worked hard to develop the Akari application, and with its original iPhone-like interface it has a great feel, solving Akari is smooth and pleasant. This is your chance to enjoy Akari puzzles reborn for iPhone/iPod touch!
"Akari Free" is free! It has 20 Akari puzzles from easy to hard. There is a 50 puzzle Akari package where you will get to know Akari much better. Please try it out.
- The application lets you change the orientation of the puzzles to suit you. You can always play Akari puzzles just the way you wish.
- The original Akari interface is iPhone-like and it still feels like solving with a pencil. The interface shows you which rooms are illuminated as you solve the puzzle.
- There are both save and quit functions, so you can interrupt your play and resume it when you wish. Easy to keep playing with even a little free time.
- Your list of problems shows which problems you solved, which you still didn't completely solve, and which are not tried yet. Try to solve all the puzzles!
- The application tells you your solution time. A good way to to see how fast you can solve Akari problems.
- The tutorial tells you the Akari rules and how to solve Akari. No need to worry if you never did an Akari puzzle before.
What's New in Version 1.0.3
10 free bonus puzzles added!
good idea, imperfect execution
The app would be great if my index finger was a stylus. It's frustrating to keep misplacing bulbs. Maybe a zoom feature would help?
The English also needs work, but that's not a big deal for me--I already know how to play the game, and the menus are quite navigable.
WHAT IS AKARI?:
This game is a digitalized version of "Akari", also known as "Light Up". Akari is like Minesweeper in that you must use numbered cells to mark adjacent cells; however, it is an improvement upon Minesweeper because every game of Akari can be solved without guessing.
A game of Akari takes place on a grid of cells. There are 3 types of cells: empty, filled but blank, and filled but numbered (from 0 to 4). You can place bulbs (circles) and small dots on any empty cell. Your goal is to place bulbs in such a way that the entire grid is lit. However, certain rules govern the game. They are as follows:
 When a bulb is placed, its light shines in straight lines up, right, down, and left.
 A filled cell blocks the light from a bulb.
 No bulb may shine on another bulb.
 Each numbered cell MUST be touched by no more or less bulbs than the number it depicts.
Akari Free - Good logic puzzle
If you like logic puzzles, you should enjoy this one. It is very similar to Sudoku, and you use some of the same ideas when solving these.
These are awesome! Download Lab Mice & Numeric Paranoia - excellent puzzles
- Category: Games
- Updated: Apr 05, 2010
- Version: 1.0.3
- Size: 0.7 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese
- Seller: NIKOLI Co.,Ltd.
- © NIKOLI Co.,Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 2.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.