King of Dragon Pass
By A Sharp, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Create your own epic saga of conflict, mythology, and community! This acclaimed game of magical storytelling blends interactive stories and resource management. It’s set in Glorantha (the world of the games HeroQuest and RuneQuest).
It’s immensely replayable, thanks to over 560 interactive scenes and two objectives. Short episodes and automatic saving mean you can play even when you only have a minute or two. The built-in saga writes down the story for you. And advisors with distinctive personalities help you track your cows.
The gorgeous hand-painted artwork won Best Visual Arts at the second annual Independent Games Festival.
• It's like they took the best parts of Civilization games and combined them with the best part of Choose Your Own Adventure style game books. … What I like most about King of Dragon Pass is the seemingly infinite possibilities that the game has. … I can't get enough of King of Dragon Pass. [Touch Arcade]
• A wholly unique adventure that has no equal on the iPhone. [Pocket Gamer]
• An interactive story with a level of complexity and brilliance that's rarely seen in video games. [Gamezebo]
• I am really happy to have found this game. It scratches so many itches: simulator, rpg, adventure book...Great work! I find myself playing it on both my iPad and iPhone. Very addictive!
• I got this game at 6pm tonight. It's now 4am, and I've hardly scratched the surface of the depth of this game.
• I now have a fun, engaging, thought provoking RPG on my iPhone, an RPG that fits in my purse and that I can play any time I want, not having to have my computer or Xbox 360 near me to do so.
• If Bioware remade Civilization they'd be lucky to end up half as good as King of Dragon Pass.
• It's impossible to describe the emotional tug you feel when an old and trusted advisor, who you've watched grow from a young upstart, dies of old age. Or when an exploration team disappears into the wilds, never to be heard from again. Or when a cursed clansman, shunned by his peers, sacrifices himself to stop a raid. This game will never leave my iPhone. That's the only accolade possible.
What's New in Version 2.2.2
• Tutorial can be quit or restarted, and is tracked via iCloud
• Improved VoiceOver compatibility (and pronunciation)
• Heroquest sound effect
• Fixed minor bugs in scenes
Great, but frustrating at times.
This game is one of the best civilization games on the App Store, rivaled by the only the mightiest, like Ascendancy and Civilization itself. Out of all the games that are based on civilization building, this is the most dynamic and random...of course that can lead to frustration at times, as my first clan was suddenly wiped out with no warning, or how there isn't much of a warning system when it comes to lack of cattle. And then there are times when I felt like the game just hated me and randomly threw large armies and death my way.
The lore, though....the lore is a masterpiece. This game is incredibly deep with intriguing mythology and great artwork. There are pages upon pages of basic lore, and that's just the surface. There are quests you can send your leaders on in which you kind of create your own myth and history.
If you enjoy total control of a civilization, this game probably won't be to your liking. But this game should not be missed; it is simply a masterpiece
A King Among Dragons: Passed With Flying Colors
This is the first civilization management game that I have fully enjoy on iOS. In part, that is due to the stirring stories, fantastic music, and well-designed interface of this game. In part, it is due to the excellent way in which accessibility features are integrated into the product.
This game, this company, this project shows that a game can be made accessible, without losing any part of its luster. The effort and willingness of these developers is amazing and heartening. It is little wonder that the game has become so wildly popular among The community who uses Apple's Voiceover product.
In this game, even the map is accessible. That is a triumph, something to be proud of.
Keep up the good work, and I look forward to great things in the future.
There’s nothing quite like this game. It has its own mix of roleplaying and strategy and a sense of history unparalleled, managing to be both deeply engrossing for hours and suited for casual delving as the mood strikes. Its price is perhaps a bit steep, but you will see dozens of hours of entertainment, and as the most recent update shows, continual enhancement to keep it fresh. i hardily recommend this game to everybody, fantasy lovers in particular.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Oct 10, 2013
- Version: 2.2.2
- Size: 315 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: A Sharp, LLC
- © 2011-2013 A Sharp, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.