Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Inspiration strikes — anytime, anywhere. Manage your WordPress blog or website on the go, from your iOS device: view your stats, moderate comments, create and edit posts and pages, and upload media. All you need is a WordPress.com blog or a self-hosted WordPress.org site running 3.6 or higher.
With WordPress for iOS, you have the power of publishing in the palm of your hand. Draft a spontaneous haiku on the train. Snap a photo on an afternoon stroll for the week’s photo challenge at The Daily Post. Respond to your latest comments, or monitor your stats to see where today’s readers are coming from.
Don’t forget to tag your posts published from the app with #wponthego so the community can find your masterpieces on the move.
WordPress for iOS is an Open Source project, which means you, too, can help contribute to its development. Learn more at http://ios.wordpress.org.
Need help with the app? Visit the forums at http://ios.forums.wordpress.org or tweet us @WordPressiOS.
What's New in Version 5.6.1
• Use the new Notifications Control Center to configure the notifications you receive in fine detail. Choose per blog, whether to receive push notifications, in-app notifications, and/or notifications via email. (Sorry, still no option for Wapuu courier.)
• If you like your new posts to have a certain default category or post format, rejoice! These can now be specified on the Blog Settings screen.
• Have you ever felt a pang of regret from accidentally trashing a comment, or marking it as spam? Yeah, so have we. Now there’s an option to undo flagging a comment spam or trashed when moderating comments from the Notifications tab.
• Hello iOS 9, goodbye crashes! Fixed a bug that crashed the iOS9 app while adding photos in the editor.
Functional idea, poor implementation.
I really love the idea behind this app. Great concept. The only problem is that the UI is so crummy that I have published articles that haven't been saved properly and this has cost some embarrassment.
My biggest peeve is that if you modify a post on the desktop, and go to look at your stats on the app and then decide to publish the article while you're there, you better make sure that you refresh by pulling down from the top of your list of posts, or you might be publishing an out of date version of your article. I think they should make it so that it refreshed automatically on the background, even if it will cost battery life. I am sick of posting an article that is outdated and loading work because I forgot to pull down from the top!
Other than that, the app is a great extension of the Word press technology and I was thrilled to see support for Jetpack! This app will seriously increase your productivity!
Don't love it
I find I am frustrated with the Wordpress app more than I find it useful. It crashes pretty regularly, I am unable to upload photos (always giving me a message saying the load failed), when I look up my drafts and scheduled posts there not there and only ones that are already posted show up there. Many times I've even types up half a post, clicked to save draft only to find that it didn't save and I've now just wasted much time and added carpel tunnel pain.
I've now just gone to traveling everywhere with my laptop seeing that it's the only feasible way for me to get any work done on Wordpress.
Love this app been using it for about two years now, I would love to be able to change the fonts within the app when making a new post. Maybe change the color and size of the font as well? Change the profile picture and layout of the theme yourself without having to change your theme overall. Be able to put a picture on your profile without having to buy the premium update.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Oct 05, 2015
- Version: 5.6.1
- Size: 25.3 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Automattic, Inc.
- © Automattic Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.