I Dig It Expeditions
By InMotion Software, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
ON SALE FOR THE HOLIDAYS!
"This game surpasses many titles on both DS and PSP" - Go! Go! Mob,
"Without hesitation, we say buy this game." - Slide To Play,
"I Dig It Expeditions takes the same popular formula of the original and improves upon it in nearly every way imaginable" - Touch Arcade,
"Graphics and sound are downright excellent. If you played the original, this game bests it." - Phoneblog.com
"It’s a fun throw back to old school gaming with enough modern wrinkles to keep it on my iPhone..." - Games Plus Blog
Touch Arcade 4.5/5 Best Games Nov. '09
Slide To Play 4/4 Score
Go!Go! Mob Award
Pocket Gamer 9/10 Gold Award
Embark on an epic adventure with the fantastic digging machine. Travel the world in search of ancient artifacts, lost civilizations, and unimaginable treasure.
Manage fuel, temperature, damage, cargo space, oxygen, etc while searching for underground diggins. Sell your rare collection of artifacts to earn cash. Use cash to upgrade your digging machine, make repairs, or purchase additional supplies. Discover new hazards, such as ocean currents, methane gas pockets, geo-thermal vents, and a new species unknown to man...
Featuring 4 unique locations around the world:
* Mid-West United States
* Antarctic tundra
* South American Amazon
* South Asian Ocean
* 6-10 hours of game-play in the campaign
* Plus hours of additional challenges
* Freeplay mode
* Save checkpoints along the way
* New full screen map to chart your underground tunnels
* Dozens of new supplies available to help along the way
* New inventory screen to manage your diggins and supplies
What's New in Version 1.3
* New and improved Tutorial
* Bug fixes
* Unlocked all levels
**** ALERT: This review IS written by the developers ****
1. All game levels are now unlocked after completing the tutorial and dialogs better explain gameplay. If you are in the mood for a casual experience pick a challenge match or freeplay mode. If you want a more challenging/immersive experience choose one of the expedition campaigns. We hope this will improve the gameplay experience for many of our users.
2. Look for cracks on floors and walls. These are the only spots that can be breached with explosives. Each explosive type serves a slightly different purpose. Read store descriptions and decide which explosive is best for the situation. (Hint: Rockets can dig up one tile if needed).
3. Diggins and supplies both consume cargo space. Diggins are removed by selling them; supplies are only removed by using them. It is possible to fill your cargo space with supplies leaving no room for paying cargo - definitely not a winning strategy.
4. Some items "stack," accommodating more than one of that item in a single cargo slot. Look at the inventory screen by pressing the "I" button (on the lower right of the view screen) to see your cargo situation.
A Little Disappointed
I own the original version of this game and it has a hi-res icon, but the graphics are not in retina. I own the ipad version, which is on par with retina and requires hi-res. Now, I buy part 2 of I Dig It, and it's like stepping back in time. The icon is not hi-res and stands out as blurry on the iphone 4 or 4s. The game itself is also not hi-res. I would understand that the developers don't have the time to add retina graphics to an old game, except they've already done all the work on the ipad. At a minimum, I would like to see the icon upgraded. This is an amazing game. I strongly suggest upgrading the graphics and then adding an in game campaign purchase and you guys can make plenty more money off of this franchise. Few games keep my attention like this one. I can beat a level and then want to start it all over again. Please add retina support using the work you already did for the ipad, and then think about adding in some campaigns or additional levels. If you upgrade the game, you will find a whole new audience of fans.
I mostly play silly casual games, but wanted something a little heavier and found this game and was instantly addicted. I finished it in about 8 hours, all of which were really fun. If you like the theme and solo exploration-type games you will probably like this. This game is by far the most I've been sucked into one game on the iPhone. Not much replay value, but it was great value for a buck. I did get crashes whenever I hit one specific point on the underwater map (rt side about 100 feet deep) which was really annoying, but I just avoided that spot. 5 stars with a slight reservation because of the apparent bug. Reviews that say this game is "too hard" were actually one of the things that got me interested in the game, but those reviews are wrong. The game is IMO a 4/10 in difficulty. A couple tricky spots, and a bit of a learning curve, but not hard.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jan 14, 2010
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 24.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: InMotion Software, LLC
- © 2008-2011 InMotion Software, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 2.2.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.