Plane Finder - Flight Tracker
By pinkfroot limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Plane Finder tracks planes in real time around the world. Watch live moving planes on a worldwide map or use the camera AR view to ID planes above you. You can even play back past flights – all the way back to 2011.
The Plane Finder app launched in 2009 and was the first live flight tracking app - today there are millions of happy users all over the world. Plane Finder has been top rated and top ranking since 2009 and covers most of the world, tracking 12,000+ planes simultaneously.
Search by flight number, place name, airport, airline and aircraft or browse the map. (You can choose Apple or Google maps too!).
Simply tap a plane to see detailed flight and aircraft information including photographs or tap an airport to see live arrivals and departures boards.
Use Augmented Reality (AR) view to identify planes overhead using your device camera.
23 different plane markers are included and airline logos are displayed next to planes for easy identification.
Custom alerts are unlimited and free to use, so you can take a break from watching the air traffic and let the app notify you when a plane is in the air or nearby.
Powerful and unlimited custom filters are also free to use. You can create, save and name as many filters as you need for quick access to the planes you are interested in.
Add and browse bookmarks to saved locations around the globe to quickly navigate to areas or airports of interest. Handoff is supported too!
If you prefer a list view of planes to the map view, use the sortable List View. You can also rearrange the table columns for ease of use.
Watch your previous flights - all the way back to April 2011! Use playback to replay holiday flights, diversions, major incidents etc. You can also easily see the effects of storms, ATC strikes, volcanic ash clouds and more. Or just relax and use playback to view the flow of air traffic through the day.
FAA US and NATS UK aviation charts are available as an in app purchase as a visual alternative to standard maps.
Plane Finder has been featured by Gizmodo, CNN, GMA, BBC, Sunday Times, Mail on Sunday, CNET, Wired, GQ Magazine and many more. We have millions of happy users and Plane Finder is regularly updated with innovative new features. Our support team always listen to and reply to feedback.
At a glance our worldwide coverage includes -
• Europe 95% - realtime
• North America – 100% via slightly US delayed data – Nationwide realtime ADS-B network in place and capturing 95% of ADS-B equipped aircraft
• Rest of World – Excellent coverage in Australia, New Zealand, Central America, Brazil, Japan, Taiwan, Dubai, India, Malaysia, Thailand, South Korea, Maldives, Mauritius, Singapore, Hong Kong and many more countries
Plane Finder works by picking up real time ADS-B and MLAT signals used by aircraft to transmit positional data to land based receivers. This technology is faster than traditional radar and is used for air traffic control and navigation. ADS-B is not used by all airlines or aircraft, however this is changing and the number of aircraft tracked by ADS-B is increasing all of the time. Traditional radar type data in real time is also included for North America.
Disclaimer: The use of the information presented using Plane Finder is strictly limited to pursuing enthusiast activities (i.e. for entertainment purposes), which specifically exclude any activities that might endanger yourself or the lives of others.
Under no circumstances will the developer of this application be held responsible for incidents resulting from the use of the data or its interpretation or its use contrary to this agreement.
What's New in Version 9.2.1
We've been hard at work for this release...
• Major improvements to flightpaths. You will now find them much smoother and with extra information such as where the long gaps are.
• No more delayed data in the USA.
• Focus mode - now see the entire flight path at the touch of a button
• (iPhone 6S & 6S Plus) 3D touch shortcuts to launch the app direct to the Augmented Reality or Search modes
• (iPhone 6S & 6S Plus) Peek and Pop! Press down hard (not too hard!) on an aircraft for a sneak peek at the plane details.
We hope you've noticed that our coverage gets better and better too. Thank you to everyone that shares data and host receivers for us. Please let us know if you want to be a part of our network.
Thanks as always for all of your feedback and comments too. We do listen!
Each new version wipes out old reviews so please help us by leaving a new review. You should be prompted in a few days time!
We cannot reply to reviews so if you have any feedback for us please email email@example.com - we always reply.
Compared to free competitor
Have been using another flight tracking (free) for years and based on the reviews I decided to "upgrade" to this app. Overall it has some very nice features, such as icons for each plane, ability to filter on plane types (ex 787) and the registration numbers (in many cases).
What it doesn't do so well is showing the default plane profile (a 737) for even a Cessna 182, route lines occasionally that don't match the city pair. Most disappointing is the projected route is not shown.
Best app I've ever purchased
If you ever wonder what that commercial flight flying over your head is, Plane Finder can probably tell you... Sometimes data is not available, but usually it will know the flight number, distance flown, speed, altitude, aircraft registration, and what days of the week that flight operates.
I have been an amateur plane spotter since I was a kid. This app takes it to a whole new level. The augmented reality mode is especially fun and the fact that buying the iPhone version also gives you the Apple TV version is a great bonus. I don't buy many apps, but this one is worth it!
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Apr 04, 2016
- Version: 9.2.1
- Size: 29.5 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese, Welsh
- Seller: pinkfroot limited
- © pinkfroot limited 2010-2016
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes
Top In-App Purchases
- FAA VFR Charts - 1 Year Subscription$13.99
- FAA VFR Charts - 90 Day Subscription$6.99
- NATS VFR Chart - Scotland - 90 Day Subscription$6.99
- NATS VFR Chart - Northern England & Wales - 90 Day Subscription$6.99
- NATS VFR Chart - Northern England & Wales - 1 Year Subscription$13.99
- NATS VFR Chart - Southern England & Wales - 90 Day Subscription$6.99
- NATS VFR Chart - Southern England & Wales - 1 Year Subscription$13.99