By ThinkFun, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This is the original sliding block Traffic Jam puzzle, brought to you by the company who created it – ThinkFun.
This Rush Hour game comes with a whopping 2500 challenges, ranging from Beginner to high Expert. It's a brilliant range of challenges, if we do say so ourselves… you're going to have a lot of fun on your iPhone with Rush Hour!
This is the ORIGINAL Rush Hour – and it’s also the BEST.
HOW TO PLAY:
Your goal is to get the Red Car out the Exit Gate. To accomplish, just move the blocking Cars and Trucks out of the way.
At ThinkFun, we believe in efficient driving. So for each challenge, we track your moves against the minimum distance possible, and score you on how close you came to a perfect distance score. Each challenge becomes a quest in itself!
For your moments of frustration, we’ve included a HINT button. If you need a big boost, we also provide a SOLVE button. We recommend you fight your way through and never use these, but they’re nice to have available.
- 2500 Games, 625 at each difficulty level
- Four difficulty levels – EASY, MEDIUM, HARD, EXPERT
- Measures your score against your Personal Best and Perfect Score
- Save multiple games in progress
- Hint/Reset/Undo buttons to help you figure out each puzzle
- Solve button to see how it’s done
- Quick and easy Tutorial
- Keeps history of "Solved" and "Perfectly Solved" challenges
The Rush Hour app has won a 2010 Parents' Choice Gold Award for excellence in mobile play and a 2011 Editor's Choice Award from Children's Technology Review.
If you like Rush Hour, check out Solitaire Chess and visit www.thinkfun.com to see more great games from ThinkFun!
What's New in Version 1.3.4
Bug fix with iPad reset data method.
Fantastic game, but not up to date with the system
The game concept itself is flawless. It's a childhood love of mine, and the app has endless amounts of levels. I love getting that extra star for completion in the minimum amount of moves.
However, the game crashes immediately upon fast-app switching back to it. Multitasking probably hasn't been supported, and for a game that's timeless, it really should be. It's the biggest source of frustration in the app.
A few minor details:
1. The game is timeless, and because of that, unless a sequel comes out simply with additional levels, the app should be optimized for retina graphics. The app looks old, both in terms of graphics and in multitasking capabilities.
2. For some weird reason the app is oriented in landscape mode within the system, but it is clearly a portrait- oriented app. This means you have to pull sideways to get to Notification Center, and that when you change the volume, the speaker icon is sideways (this speaker part not as big of a deal).
4 stars, until these easy evolutions are made.
Absolutely love it!
This is so much like the physical game it's scary - even the cars and trucks look like ariel photos of the game pieces. Love the way you can start with game one and it increments by one each time it's played. I was astounded it had so many games per level. Easy to plan two runs through all four levels - first time to complete the game, second time to compete each game in the fewest possible moves. I would pay twice what this app costs - and would highly recommend it to anyone of any age.
Great Brain Work
Don't be fooled into thinking this is a game for children. It is a mental challenge for any adult. It is great fun to work out the solutions alone or with a friend. It is well worth the cost of the upgrade. There are always hints available if you get stuck and you can go back and retry any of the puzzles as often as you wish. I love this game enough to look into other of the puzzles I noticed while reading the feedback of others! Highly recommended!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Dec 15, 2010
- Version: 1.3.4
- Size: 7.1 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Spanish
- Seller: ThinkFun, Inc.
- © 2009-2011 ThinkFun, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.