Insight Timer - Meditation Timer
By Insight Network Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With beautiful Tibetan singing bowls and a dynamic worldwide meditation community, Insight Timer is the fun, connected way to support your meditation practice.
Now with free guided meditations by your favorite teachers: Eckhart Tolle, Thich Nhat Hanh, Tara Brach, Jack Kornfield, Jon Kabat-Zinn and many more.
If you're new to meditation, you'll find introductory guided mediations and a supportive community to help you get started.
If you're an experienced meditator, you'll feel right at home with our beautiful Tibetan singing bowls and guided meditations by experienced teachers that you know and respect.
* * * * * * * * * *
Imagine the sound of beautiful Tibetan singing bowls, gently and peacefully guiding you through your meditation session. Your attention focused inward with no need to worry about the clock…
Insight Timer gives you this and much more. It's simple enough to get started with just a few taps, yet powerful enough to handle the most sophisticated meditation routines with advanced features such as interval bells, presets and a meditation journal.
With Insight Connect, you're part of a growing worldwide meditation community. You're always meditating with friends - friends you know in real life, or new friends from around the world.
* * * * * * * * * *
- You'll love our bells! Recorded with the highest quality digital audio equipment, these bell samples are amazing. Crystal clear with extra long fade outs. They sound great with the built-in speaker, but to get the full effect, try using headphones or external speakers.
- Choose from eight different bells of varying size and metal compositions - from bright and clean to deep and complex with lovely overtones. A wood block sound is also included.
- Bells can be configured to ring at the start, the end, and at specified (or random) times during your session. Each bell can be set to ring once, twice or three times. The delay between strikes is configurable from 1 to 20 seconds.
- Powerful logging and statistics features allow you to track your progress over time. Multiple charts, a complete session log and helpful statistics give you a complete picture of how your practice is evolving.
- Presets allow you to save an unlimited number of configurations and assign names to them. If you have multiple meditation routines (such as Morning and Evening), this makes it easy to switch between them without any configuration changes.
- Insight Connect milestones are awarded for significant achievements as your practice progresses.
- You may set a background image from your own photo album. While the timer is running, your image is shown full screen. Optionally, the time display and controls can be hidden so that they are shown only when the image is tapped.
- Meditation Journal: You may enter notes about each session when the timer ends - a practice that many people find to be helpful and therapeutic. Your journal entries can be exported via an email attachment. Journal access may be password protected to ensure privacy.
- Insight Timer will run in the background. You can start the timer, then run other apps and the bells will continue to ring. When the timer is finished, a message will pop up to alert you.
- Pause and resume your timer session.
- Bells will ring even when the device is locked so you can turn off the screen to save power and eliminate ambient light.
- Optionally vibrate with or instead of bells.
- Bells will ring even if silent switch is on.
You can watch a demo video here:
What's New in Version 12.1.3
+ Performance Improvements
+ Bug Fixes
Perfect for meditation flexibility and even Yin yoga
I use this very flexible meditation app anytime, anywhere for long planned meditations of 40-60 minutes and for short meditations when I find "free" 10, 15 or 20 minutes in a parking lot or airport. The interval bells are great for the longer meditations to refocus on directions and a quick stretch if needed.
I also use the app for my yin yoga practice and stretch routines by setting an overall duration (example - 45 minutes) and the have interval bells (example every 5 minutes) which provide a bell ring every time I am to change to another position/stretch. Great for timing and also refocusing on being in present with the stretch.
Finally, I sometimes use the app in parallel with meditation instructions. Example - i start the mediation app for 40 mins and simultaneously start a favorite 20minutes meditation instruction file with the iPod music app. Then I have 20min guided mediation followed by 20 minutes of silent practicing.
A Great App
I've used insight timer for some time now, including, most recently, for 396 consecutive days. The app is reliable and an essential asset to any meditation or yoga practice. In addition to showing every person, around the world, who is meditating at the same time that you are, it has a timer that keeps track of each of your sessions and maintains readily accessible statistics that allows you to review your progress at the touch of a button. There is also an option to add sessions that you do outside of the app. You can also interact with like-minded people all over the globe. The app offers guided meditations and groups of meditators with similar interests and goals. Finally, the app is geared to the beginning, as well as the seasoned meditator. The paid app is worth every cent and more. I recommend it without reservation. Namasté.
I've had this app for a few years now, and I continue to enjoy using the customizable meditation bells and the beautiful timer interface. Had I rated this app last year, I would have given it five stars, but some recent changes make me give it only four. The main problem is that they got rid of standalone mode, and now the only option for the homepage is the ugly and obtrusive "insight connect" interface. The second problem is that every few days I get a message telling me to rate the app. I paid for this app; why would I want to be harassed by a message when I open the app in the morning for a calming meditation? I guess it worked because I'm now writing a review (AFTER using the timer, not right when the popup message popped up), but it's not a wholeheartedly positive review because of the aforementioned unwelcome changes in the newest version.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Dec 07, 2014
- Version: 12.1.3
- Size: 38.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Insight Network Inc
- © Insight Network Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Full Upgrade$2.99
- Gong HanChi$0.99