By Agharta Studio
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
New update! Try out the ONLINE MULTIPLAYER mode and go up against players from around the world, 24 hours a day! Play up to 32 games simultaneously in 3G or Wi-Fi. Already universally acclaimed for the quality of its single-player mode, with this update Rogue Planet is now the ULTIMATE turn-based strategy game on the App Store!
*** “Rogue Planet is one of the best turn-based strategy games we have played on the iPhone.” SlideToPlay 4/4 MUST HAVE
*** “For fans of the genre, Rogue Planet should be a no-brainer. For genre newcomers, Rogue Planet makes an excellent point of entry.” - No Dpad
*** “Tons of maps and missions in both quick play and story mode will keep you glued for hours.” – IGN 8/10
Plunge into this unique turn-based strategy game set in a futurist world. Take command of unbelievable battles in Solo and Multiplayer modes!
- A BREATHTAKING STORY MODE: Discover the story through numerous cutscenes. Complete 19 campaign missions to defeat the machines and take back Earth!
- GET READY FOR ENDLESS FUN! Quick Play mode features 34 maps: 19 from Story mode, and 15 new ones playable with 2 different armies and 3 difficulty levels.
- MULTIPLAYER MODE: Face your friends' armies via local Wi-Fi or Bluetooth connection. With the latest update, play online with players from around the world: up to 32 games simultaneously in 3G or Wi-Fi!
- REALISTIC ENVIRONMENTS AND ANIMATIONS: Sci-fi visuals and 3D backgrounds provide maximum immersion in the game.
- OPTIMIZED GAMEPLAY: Touch the screen to select your units, zoom-in or rotate the game field.
- A LIVELY SOUNDTRACK for a unique feeling of intensity: Epic themes, shouting soldiers and mechanical sound effects give life to your army!
Certain apps allow you to purchase virtual items within the app and may contain third party advertisements that may redirect you to a third party site.
What's New in Version 1.2.1
- New online multiplayer mode (3G and Wi-Fi): up to 32 games simultaneously
- 14 achievements to unlock
- Design modifications in the following missions: Mexico, Split, Continents
- Tap the left side of the screen twice during ship scenes in Story mode to go back to the main menu
- iOS 4 on iPhone 3GS and higher: even more detailed graphics
- iOS 4: multitasking
High quality fun game
This is a very good game that doesn't get nearly enough attention. For fans of the AdvanceWars and similar turn-based strategy games, particularly those with more of a futuristic theme, this is a must-play. The interface and controls are good, the game play is pretty well thought out, and the presentation is excellent. The cut scenes and animations are very high quality, and they really add some character to this game. And while it's disappointing that it isn't specifically available for the iPad, when blown up 2x it looks very good. Normally I don't even bother if its not specifically made for the iPad, but this is definitely worth an exception to that rule. A few refinements and an iPad version, and this would be a five star app for sure.
Still playing this one ...
This is one of the best turn based strategy (unit level) and tactics games in the app store IMHO.
I am still playing this one and it even plays well on the iPad 1 or 2 …
Typical for Gameloft, they do games well and this one is no exception. I'm just sorry they never took it to the next level with a universal build. One can always hope, but I doubt this one is even on their development radar after all this time.
Anyway … It has all the nice features of a turn based strategy game … Great UI, info always available, does all the calcs for you, simple HUD and the typical campaign and skirmish style gaming.
Even if you only game on an iPad (as I do) … If you like this style of game, you should not pass this one up.
Bottomline well worth the price of admission.
This game is pretty sweet, and Gameloft gave it to me free for their birthday a while ago! Now that they gave me a free update with multiplayer I thought that would be pretty cool, but no one ever seems to be online waiting to play. Now, posting glitches in reviews is actually a very good way for potential customers to see issues before they decide to buy. Hopefully people are using the "report a problem" button too. Maybe I did not get an error because I have not made it that far, or I'm already past that level, not sure, but no problems here yet.
Thanks again Gameloft.
But remember their games almost always go on sale eventually! ;>
- Category: Games
- Updated: Oct 11, 2010
- Version: 1.2.1
- Size: 89.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: Agharta Studio
- "© 2009 Gameloft. All Rights Reserved. Published by Gameloft and developed by Agharta Studio. Gameloft and the logo Gameloft are trademarks of Gameloft in the US and/or other countries. © 2009 Agharta Studio. All Rights Reserved."
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.