Audio Memos is a professionally made audio recorder. It has an amazingly intuitive interface, which is easy to use and full of powerful features. Use it in interviews, lectures, music session, briefings, ... and simplify your recording tasks.
The New York Times - "A really useful feature is that the app can automatically start recording the moment it is started"
LifeHacker - "The best voice recording app"
TUAW - "Powerful, inexpensive, and useful"
Apple - "What's hot" section
• Best quality - adjustable to fit your needs.
• Amazingly loud - hear your recordings.
• Background recording - multitask at will*.
• iCloud - access your memos everywhere.
• Email your recordings.
• USB file transfers.
• Append audio to existing recordings.
• Search / Sort / Filter your recordings.
• Variable speed scrubbing.
• Send recordings to a computer using WiFi.
• Records when your device is in sleep mode.
• Pauses automatically on incoming phone calls.
• No time limit on recording length.
• Application lock code.
With Audio Memos, you get an amazing recorder that fits most needs. High end users can then use in-app purchases to extend its functionalities even further. See the "Top in app purchases" section, our website http://audiomemos.com or the in app info screen to get price information for the features bellow.
• Voice activated rec. - stop recording silence.
• Upload to Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, Evernote, FTP or WebDAV.
• Insert audio - insert comments easily.
• Position markers - easy navigation.
• Audio compression - email hours of recordings.
• Memo alert dates / reminders.
• Adjustable reading speed.
• Add pictures to a memo.
• Send or delete multiple recordings at a time.
• Edit your recordings (trim, overwrite, merge).
• Timer activated recording.
* recording will stop if another app uses the audio system.
• Added support for sending to SharePoint (IAP).
• Fixed connection problems with OneDrive.
• Fixed upload problem with some WebDAV servers.
• Fixed reconnection problem with SFTP servers.
• Added support for all complications of Apple Watch Series 4.
• Added background recording under watchOS 5.
• Many other improvements.
Leave us a review on the App Store to tell us what you think about this update.
Ratings and Reviews
Pretty Darn Perfect!!!
After discarding several recording apps for my Apple Watch I’ve settled on this one. All I wanted was something I could use relatively hands free to record a reminder or some random thought whilst driving or out walking. It’s recognized as a Complication and Siri brings it up easily. All I have to do is touch the big “record” button and bam! It is well worth the buck it costs and there are a bunch of extensions available if you need extras like attaching a recording to a photo etc. I don’t need any so haven’t purchased but good to have the options. I haven’t found a way for the mic icon to show on my watch face yet but Siri can find it for me. :)
Superb voice memo app!! Have been using since 2013!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
I have used this app since 2013 and find it to be excellent.* I have recorded blog posts and much of a book on long walks (for transcribing later).
I have tried a number of voice memo options (including the one native to iOS devices); this is the best with the most functionality, hands down. It has great functionality offered through its extensions, such as condensing file size and seamless Dropbox compatibility, and other features (mentioned below).
*I don’t understand the negative reviews: all my purchases have been easily restored, sound quality is great, easily switches over to wired or wireless earphones and records wonderfully. Back to iCloud is available. Files accidentally deleted can be retrieved. A well designed, well conceived app that has been an indispensable creative aid for me—not too mention a memory jogger when I used it for shorter recordings to remind myself of this or that tasks or idea.
I am happy with this app. The main feature I wanted was the ability to record from the mic on my Bluetooth headset and this app does that beautifully.
The one thing I wish this app did was allow me to play music through my Bluetooth headset while I record audio from the mic on my Bluetooth headset at the same time. I don’t want to record the music, though. I just want to be able to keep listening to my music while I record my audio. Do that and this would be a 5 star app for sure.
- Imesart S.a.r.l.
- 36.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Imesart S.a.r.l
- In-App Purchases
- All Extensions $9.99
- Compress $1.99
- Send $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.