By United States Postal Service
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Access popular USPS.com® tools on the go with the “USPS Mobile® app: calculate shipping prices (limitations apply), find a Post Office™, look up a ZIP Code™, schedule a next-day pickup, request USPS to hold your mail, access Informed Delivery® to track packages and digitally preview incoming mail, and more.
WHAT CAN IT DO?
The USPS Mobile app allows you to:
• Check the status of shipments sent using Priority Mail®, Priority Mail Express®, Certified Mail®, and certain other delivery services. Nickname your shipments and sign up for text and email alerts to notify you of the delivery status.
• Calculate a Domestic or International Price to determine how much postage you will need when you ship a letter, card, large envelope, or package (limitations apply). Choose retail or online pricing, add any extra services you need, and view the total, too.
• Find USPS® Locations when you need to get to a Post Office™, Self-Service Kiosk (APC®) or collection box with an easy-to-filter locator. The USPS Mobile app uses your device’s GPS to show your closest options on a map, along with their Regular Hours, Special Hours and Last Collection Times, and provides mapped results with driving, walking, or transit directions.
• Look up a ZIP Code™ for any U.S. or Canadian address.
• Schedule a free next-day pickup and have your Letter Carrier pick up Priority Mail®, Priority Mail Express®, Global Express Guaranteed®, or Merchandise Return Services shipments from your home or office during regular mail delivery.
• Request Hold Mail Service while you’re away, and we’ll keep your mail at your local Post Office™ for you to pick up or be delivered by your carrier when you return.
• Scan the barcode on shipping labels with your device’s camera (Note: this function is not available on iPad 1 and iPod Touch models without rear-facing cameras). The app recognizes the shipment and stores the label number, so you can stay on top of delivery status.
Link to Informed Delivery to track packages and digitally preview your household’s incoming mail arriving soon; view grayscale images of the exterior, address side of letter-sized mailpieces.
What's New in Version 5.16
- This release includes updates to support iPhone X, new tracking statuses, and bug fixes
Cannot add tracking #
I’ve been using older versions of this app for years. I also use the UPS app (the best of the shipper company apps) and the Parcel app which handles all different shipping companies. Since I upgraded to iOS 11+, I was forced to update this USPS mobile app, as it would no longer open. I am so glad I left my iPad on iOS 10.3.3! Because the older version of this app excepts my USPS tracking number and saves it. So does the Parcel app. But...
This iOS 11 compatible version of the USPS mobile app will NOT save or even show tracking information for the same tracking number mentioned above!
Lots of bugs
This app is buggy. When I give my tracking item a name, it saves it, but then it only shows like the first 4 letters in the name. For ex: If I put “Ryan’s Gift”, it only shows “Ryan” after saving it. Also, when I put in a valid tracking # and press seach, it takes me to the list of my other existing tracking, but doesn’t show me tracking for the one I just put in. Please fix! iPhone 6S user
As a small business owner it would be nice to log in and see all of my packages already listed, instead of having to scan each one manually.
Perhaps a Settings option could be added where we could save our login and have access to all of the features on the main website.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Nov 22, 2017
- Version: 5.16
- Size: 39.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: United States Postal Service
- © 2017 United States Postal Service®
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.