By United States Postal Service
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Access popular USPS.com® tools on the go with the “USPS Mobile® app: calculate shipping prices (limitations apply), find a Post Office™, look up a ZIP Code™, schedule a next-day pickup, request USPS to hold your mail, access Informed Delivery® to track packages and digitally preview incoming mail, and more.
WHAT CAN IT DO?
The USPS Mobile app allows you to:
• Check the status of shipments sent using Priority Mail®, Priority Mail Express®, Certified Mail®, and certain other delivery services. Nickname your shipments and sign up for text and email alerts to notify you of the delivery status.
• Calculate a Domestic or International Price to determine how much postage you will need when you ship a letter, card, large envelope, or package (limitations apply). Choose retail or online pricing, add any extra services you need, and view the total, too.
• Find USPS® Locations when you need to get to a Post Office™, Self-Service Kiosk (APC®) or collection box with an easy-to-filter locator. The USPS Mobile app uses your device’s GPS to show your closest options on a map, along with their Regular Hours, Special Hours and Last Collection Times, and provides mapped results with driving, walking, or transit directions.
• Look up a ZIP Code™ for any U.S. or Canadian address.
• Schedule a free next-day pickup and have your Letter Carrier pick up Priority Mail®, Priority Mail Express®, Global Express Guaranteed®, or Merchandise Return Services shipments from your home or office during regular mail delivery.
• Request Hold Mail Service while you’re away, and we’ll keep your mail at your local Post Office™ for you to pick up or be delivered by your carrier when you return.
• Scan the barcode on shipping labels with your device’s camera (Note: this function is not available on iPad 1 and iPod Touch models without rear-facing cameras). The app recognizes the shipment and stores the label number, so you can stay on top of delivery status.
Link to Informed Delivery to track packages and digitally preview your household’s incoming mail arriving soon; view grayscale images of the exterior, address side of letter-sized mailpieces.
What's New in Version 5.14
- Introduce Informed Delivery® (formerly My USPS®)
Services Should Stay In App
I'd like to see more services stay within the app vs opening safari. What's the point of the app if we can just launch everything FROM the internet itself? Informed Delivery for example; I've been using it since the beginning. I love ID, but I don't need the app to get there.
Worst updates ever
Once upon a time you could track your packages via this app. Granted, you had to leave the app and open Safari but it allowed you to do this. The tracking button now does nothing. If there's not a new update soon to fix that feature I can see deleting the app as that was the primary feature for which I used it.
What's the point of this app when nearly everything is just a link to the actual website? This adds an unnecessary extra step to tracking and other things, and so it does the exact opposite of what most people want an app to do--simplify things.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Sep 12, 2017
- Version: 5.14
- Size: 51.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: United States Postal Service
- © 2017 United States Postal Service®
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.