By membraine studios
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
EARTH IS UNDER ATTACK
A tireless alien menace has begun a relentless assault against the cradle of humanity. The best defence we have against the invaders is you and your fellow fighters of the Earth Orbital Defence Force (EODF).
ORBITAL DEFENCE is an arcade-style, flick-based shoot-'em-up (flick-shmup) reminiscent of the great shoot-'em-ups of the past, such as Galaga, Missile Command and Space Invaders.
"Orbital Defence oozes fun and at the price point of $1.99, it’s hard to argue that you can find many better titles. membraine studios has solidified itself a place in my book as one of the most worthy indie devs on the iPhone/iPod Touch platform."
"Orbital Defence’s game play is smooth and the graphics are crisp...7/10"
"This is definitely one of the best games of this kind of game I've ever played! It's well thought out, has really clean graphics and is just plain fun!"
— game reviewer Tyler Flowers
THE WORLD'S FIRST FLICK-SHOOTER
What makes ORBITAL DEFENCE unique is its flick-based control system, which makes the most of the touch-oriented control surface—the result of which is a highly playable and great fun shoot 'em up that you can play in a cafe, on the train, on the bus, in the pub...anywhere you take your iPhone or iPod Touch.
Work your way through the 12-level Campaign mode or try your hand at Survival mode, where your only goal is to survive as long as you can.
- Simple, intuitive and addictive gameplay that anyone from beginners to shmup pros will find fun and engaging.
- The flick-based control mechanic has been designed for the iPhone and iPod Touch, instead of shoe-horning existing shmup controls to the unique device.
- A bright, action-packed visual style supported by great 3D graphics.
- Carefully planned learning and difficulty curves that ensure the game is easy to play, but difficult to master.
- Fast-paced, exciting combat with both iconic and innovative enemy archetypes.
- Memorable boss battles that hearken to "old school" shmups.
- Two discrete game modes: Campaign and Survival.
- Three difficulty levels ensures a challenge for all player levels, from casual to hardcore
- Multiple viable strategies and accuracy-based score modifiers provide exceptional gameplay depth
- Online global high score uploading to provide an on-going competitive challenge (Think you've got skills? Prove it).
Really fun game!!
This is definitly one of the best game of this kind of game I've ever played! It's well thought out, has really clean graphics and is just plain fun!
Instead of just pushing a button or tilting to shoot, you flick (like a skee ball game) to shoot. A fun and unique take on the usual shooter/defense game. Very nice art work and crisp graphics. Good game.
Heaps of fun. Sharp, crisp graphics, and unique controls. My best purchase so far, can't put it down.
- Category: Games
- Released: Nov 24, 2009
- Version: 1.0.0
- Size: 21.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Membraine Studios Pty Ltd
- Copyright © 2009 membraine studios pty ltd. Orbital Defence is a trademark of membraine studios pty ltd. All rights reserved. All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are property of their respective owners. Comic font © 2000 Neale Davidson.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.