Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"Gameloft has completely spruced up all the original graphics making for a much more colorful and visually impressive game than the original." (TouchArcade)
"Though Gameloft kept the seventies groove of the original Driver, the upgraded visuals are immediately noticeable. It's not just that car models and building architecture are cleaner. Gameloft gave Driver a fresh paint job" (IGN)
Discover the most stunning racing game ever created for the iPhone. Driver, the game that introduced a new genre of driving games, is back with its amazing physics and fully revamped graphics.
You are Tanner, an undercover cop posing as a getaway driver with the goal of exposing a national crime ring. The investigation will take you to Miami, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and New York.
- A breathtaking story mode with 40 missions spanning 4 giant cities, and additional modes to keep the interest up (Training, Free Play mode, Driving games)
- Unprecedented driving physics: unbelievable stunts with flinging turns, stomach-dropping jumps and impressive crashes. Your car takes damage and can potentially explode!
- The most realistic urban environments on iPhone, with revamped visuals, detailed textures and beautiful lighting effects. Each city has working traffic lights, wandering pedestrians, moving traffic and vigilant cops on patrol.
- A great soundtrack, with 3 radio stations broadcasting tracks inspired by 70s music
With Driver, you are the wheelman.
Other Gameloft games you may like: Gangstar: West Coast Hustle, Asphalt 5, Skater Nation, Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X, James Cameron’s Avatar and N.O.V.A. – Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance.
Certain apps allow you to purchase virtual items within the app and may contain third party advertisements that may redirect you to a third party site.
You guys abandoned this game! :O
I LOVE this game but Gameloft, you completely abandoned it. How dare you xD
Seriously though, please come back with another update, I'm pleading! You still have people who play it, and yes I'm sure it's not popular anymore like the Modern Combats but still do...!
.....And if you ever decide.....
~You guys got some glitches going in the game but I kinda like them rofl. I mean when my ipod has 20% battery or so I can push cars off the bridge in NY one and they fall not off the edge but from the sky lol and in the last undercover mission in NY also cars randomly fall from the sky xD. And then in Miami mostly (some others as well sometimes) cars travel through walls and on water rofl. I love the glitches not harmful in anyway and it's kinda funny...
~Horns for honking---I swear you got grams and gramps driving the cars in the game I think. :D And those cops...good lord smh.
~ Definitely new cities for free driving and more levels for undercover. Beat the game a century ago and did it over again.
~Review mirrors that you can use.
~Better blinkers. :P
~ New cars.
Imma stop there and if you guys ever do update this game I'll send more requests your way ;)
Anyways I'm still addicted to this game. Can't keep myself away from all the free driving. Forever staying<33
Gameloft does it again, this time with DRIVER
First off, let me tell everyone to lay off the app developers. "The cops are way too sensitive"..."It takes to long to load"..."More intense crashes"...Oh be quiet! NOBODY finds positive things about the app, therefore decreasing it's chances of being successful.
The D-Pad for this game is the obvious best choice for a control scheme, because the other two just don't work as well. The D-Pad, though, works great! Never any mishaps due to the controls
The thing that makes this app amazing is it's gameplay. There's nothing better than weaving in and out of traffic being chased by the cops at 85 mph. It's great!
The UNDERCOVER mode is incredible. So many missions and SO much ability to go back and replay. Personally, I just play the TAKE A RIDE option, and free ride around the city.
I haven't played the original driver, but I heard they "spruced up the original graphics." I understand that this game was MEANT to be in the 70's or so, so the not "pristine" graphics are suitable for this game. The game does, though, have responsive crash damage on the car.
Buy. Great game. WORTH THE PRICE. Again, please do not give bad reviews. And, if this app ever goes on sale... DO NOT RATE BADLY BECAUSE OF IT!!!!!!!
Awful controls, extremely difficult campaign
This could have been a great game, or could be with a simple update.
* The design of the controls is baffling. The "D Pad," the only really usable scheme, places the turn buttons about 1/8" away from the emergency brake buttons, making high speed turning totally unpredictable. The gas and brake buttons are unnecessarily tiny, so that your finger can slip off the gas without you realizing it. It's ironic, since there are relatively few buttons and no need to cluster them so closely. Looking in the rear view mirror (a pretty important act, in a car chase), requires a tricky finger drag.
* True to the original, the campaign is so hard it's not fun. Some missions have to be run over and over, well past the point of being entertaining. I just play the driving games, which are excellent.
* The excellent 70s movie car chase vibe and relatively realistic physics are ruined by police cars which are essentially homing missiles. 140 mph head-ons and U-turns so frantic they result in crashes give the pursuers a character out of sync with the rest of the game.
There seem to be a lot of people pointing out that this game recreates the difficult original. Well, I recall having stopped playing the original because it wasn't that much fun, doing missions dozens of times. Now, on a mobile platform, it seems even worse.
- Category: Games
- Released: Dec 08, 2009
- Version: 1.1.1
- Size: 424 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: Gameloft
- © 2009 Gameloft. All Rights Reserved. Published by Gameloft under licence from Ubisoft Entertainment. Driver, Ubisoft and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the US and/or other countries. Gameloft and the Gameloft logo are trademarks of Gameloft in the US and/or other countries.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 2.2.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.