MVG Fahrinfo München is the up-to-date journey planner provided by Munich Transport Corporation (MVG) for Munich and the region with subway, suburban train, tram and city bus as well as regional trains and regional buses. It offers MVV HandyTicket, the mobile ticket for all means of transportation in the Munich Transport and Tariff Association (MVV). Simply enter start and destination and get the best connections with the matching e-ticket. No local or tariff knowledge is required to choose the right mobile ticket – just enjoy Munich!
• Mobile ticket for the entire MVV system:
Safe and convenient cashless payments with credit card (VISA, MasterCard, American Express) or direct debit from your bank account.
- Single ticket for adults or children
- Day ticket for adults, children or groups
- Strip ticket for children, young people (age 15-20) and adults
- Short trip
- Anschlussticket for single journeys outside the scope of your season ticket or IsarCardAbo.
- Day ticket for bicycles
- Airport-City-Day-Ticket to Munich Airport (MUC)
- CityTourCard: day ticket for public transport and discounted admission to tourist attractions
- QueerCityPass: day ticket for public transport and discounts for queer tourists.
• integrated journey planner for public transport in the Greater Munich area with comfortable function for earlier / later journeys
• Free choice between bar graphs or list view
• City map with locating function and choice of a stop or station as start or destination.
• Save and delete favorites for tickets, connections and departures.
• Save connections in your calendar
• Share your journey with your friends via SMS, e-mail, WhatsApp and more
• Alarm function: Between 5 and 30 minutes before departure you will be reminded to leave in time.
• Live data / real-time data for journeys and departures in the city of Munich.
• Easy verification of punctuality: live departure times for all stations in the city of Munich.
• Current messages: current MVG ticker, messages for today and the next days
• Functional status of elevators and escalators within the route information
• Adjustable mobility options for accessible public transport connections
• Network and tariff maps
• MVG Bike rental system: Find MVG Bikes and bike stations on the map, in your connection or next to your departure stop. Your selection is passed to MVG more, the app for MVG Bike, car-sharing and individual transport in Munich.
• Munich’s car-sharing providers: Select cars near your start, destination or interchange and reserve them in the app MVG more.
• Additional information in the tab "More" on:
- Mobility, e.g. MVG Nightline, park and ride, taxi and our mobility partners S-Bahn Munich, BOB, ALEX, MERIDIAN and FlixBus.
- Current events and tips for spending time in Munich and the region, e.g. fairs, festivals, Tollwood, Oktoberfest
- Services of Stadtwerke München public utility company and MVG, e.g. website MVG.de, hotline, lost-and-found office, customer center, MVG on Facebook, Google+ and YouTube
Stop by regularly and be inspired.
HandyTicket valid in the entire MVV system e.g.: Allershausen,Altomünster,Andechs,Aying,Berg,Dachau,Dorfen,Ebersberg, Eching, Erding, Freising, Fürstenfeldbruck, Garching,Gauting,Germering,Gilching,Gräfelfing,Grafing,Gröbenzell,Haar,Hallbergmoos,Herrsching,HöhenkirchenSiegertsbrunn,Holzkirchen,Ismaning,Karlsfeld,Kirchheim,Kirchseeon,Krailling,Mainburg,Maisach,Mammendorf,Markt Schwaben,Moosburg,Neubiberg,Neufahrn, Oberhaching, Oberschleißheim, Olching, Ottobrunn, Petershausen, Planegg, Poing, Puchheim, Putzbrunn, Sauerlach, Seefeld, Starnberg, Taufkirchen, Tutzing, Unterhaching, Unterschleißheim, Vaterstetten, Wolfratshausen, Zorneding
For travel information, departures and purchasing mobile tickets an internet connection is necessary. Purchased mobile tickets can be displayed anytime even without internet connection. The accuracy or completeness of the information provided cannot be guaranteed.
• Display of a confirmation message after successful registration
Ratings and Reviews
Times are not accurate
We were unfamiliar with the area and the app allowed us to get around but not without effort. The biggest issue was the train schedule was not accurate. We almost missed our bus out of Munich because the train schedule was off 45 minutes.
Google Maps is more accurate
MVG gives the most convoluted route. It does NOT handle SBahn routes well. Usually suggests circling back to HBF for some reason. I would NOT recommend to visitors unfamiliar with the network.
Once valuable, now useless
This app used to be an everyday navigator for me. Since the update, it's awful. What were you thinking? What I dislike the most is the way destinations must be entered now. Going to a destination with a long name? Before, you could type the first few letters, select one of the options suggested, and then edit the text of that option to match your exact destination. Now, you cannot edit the text, you can only retype the entire thing.
Example: I want to go to Großhaderner Str. 4 in Martinsried. Previously I could type in "großh", select "Großhaderner Str. Martinsried" from the options suggested, and then edit the destination text to have the exact address.
Now, if I want directions to the exact address, I have to type the whole thing out.
Also, why remove the function to select the time by scrolling up OR down to it? Does it make the app work better when I'm forced to scroll a long way up to 0:55 rather than scroll a tiny bit down to it?
These issues may sound minor, but when this app is used several times per day, often in hurried situations, unnecessarily long or complicated input entry is irritating. Especially when the app functioned great in the old set-up.
Updates that remove functionality are not helpful to users. I wish I'd never updated!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.