By Pocket Monkey Games
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
To Celebrate our upcoming More Zombies?! release, Pathfinder is going FREE!
Pathfinder is a simple and addicting puzzle game where you slide your finger across the path to fill in all of the untouched spots in the puzzle. Once you touch every spot, you win.
Simple to learn. Challenging to Master.
* 30 challenging levels
* Increasing difficulty to test your skills
* OpenFeint Integration for Achievements and Leaderboards
* Addicting Gameplay
* Catchy music and sound effects
If you've enjoyed Pathfinder, please be sure to check out other games from Pocket Monkey Games.
Really fun, but incredibly short.
I played the Lite version for this game, and within two minutes I had already beaten all the levels in that. I was worried this quickness would carry over to the full game, and seeing as it has only 30 levels, judging by the relative ease of the ones I breezed through on this Lite version, I was getting worried the same would be true for the full version.
Unfortunately, this is most definitely the case. If you blew through the lite version in a mere few minutes, expect to get around twenty minutes out of this one at the absolute most. I think I blew through all 30 levels in about 15 minutes, if that. There is one level that stumped me, but only for a few minutes.
After you beat all the levels, you are given a total score. The "longevity" I think the developers are hoping for is in trying to reach a high score. You can replay levels over and over until you get a decently fast speed (fast speed = good score), and this does add a bit of replay to it, but in my case, I didn't really have any desire to go back and do them over again. This game feels very much like a one-shot deal, where even though they want you to keep trying to attain a high score, you won't really want to play it over.
One reason you won't want to reach for that breakneck speed is that the controls are slightly annoying. Only one minor part of them, though. If you are going too fast, thinking you're Hotshot Herman, it is entirely possible that you will mess up and light up the wrong circle on accident. If you do this, it can very well screw that run up, and you will need to restart the level, from circle one. It isn't as cumbersome as I might make it sound, but when I was going for high scores, going too fast was actually hampering my enjoyment, since I did light up the wrong circles on many occasions.
Things to improve:
- Music - It's rather annoying having the same song restart every time you Reset the level. And it might help to have some catchier music than what's being offered :)
- Settings - Whenever I turn Music or Sound off in the app, once I exit, the options come back to default (On) immediately on start-up. Minor gripe, but it is kind of annoying
- Score Table - This would be a great thing to have. Some way to see what your best scores/times are on each level. For a game that wants to encourage getting faster times, I'm shocked they don't have at least a "Record Time" thingy on each level.
- Statistics - More of a fun improvement comment - Not an issue at all, but it would be kind of fun to have a Statistics area, that would show how much you've played, how many levels you've played, how many circles you've lit up, etc.
- MORE LEVELS - Please, for the love of everything that is fluffy and cute, add more levels, or at least more incentive to go back and play ones you've previously beaten. It's crazy that you can beat this game in under twenty minutes. It's even crazier that there isn't more incentive to go back and do it over again for potentially more longevity.
Don't get me wrong: This game is immensely fun. I love this concept, but it's just too dang short for me to highly recommend to anyone at the moment. If the developer adds more levels (I'm sure they will), I'll be more inclined to recommend it more :)
An amazing puzzle game!
- Category: Games
- Released: Dec 22, 2009
- Version: 1
- Size: 5.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Kris Jones
- © Pocket Monkey Games 2010
Compatibility: Requires iOS 2.2.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.