With Pocket Yoga you can keep up with your practice at your own pace in the comforts of your own home. Simply roll out your mat, place your device in front, and Pocket Yoga will guide you through your entire session.
Choose between 27 different sessions of varying duration and difficulty. Learn the poses with the pose dictionary containing detailed explanations of the correct posture, alignment, and benefits.
• Detailed voice and visual instruction guides you through every pose, including each inhalation and exhalation.
• Over 200 beautifully illustrated pose images showing correct posture and alignment.
• Dictionary of poses containing the descriptions and benefits of each pose.
• Unlock new environments as you progress in your yoga journey.
• Quickly preview a practice to see if it is right for you before you start.
• Maintains an ongoing log of all your yoga practices to track your progress.
• Practices designed by experienced yoga instructors.
• Play music from your music library in place of the default music. You can even play music through iTunes Radio or other apps while Pocket Yoga is running.
• Play the practices on your Apple TV through AirPlay.
• Works with the Health app. Track your workouts, heart rate, and calories burned.
• Ask Siri to start your practice directly from your Home or Lock screens.
‣ Listed among the “15 Best Beauty Apps” - InStyle
‣ Selected by CNN as one of the "10 great mobile health apps"
‣ Featured by Apple in "Get in Shape", "Let's Get Moving", "10 Essentials" and "New and Noteworthy"
Pocket Yoga works great on your Apple Watch. When you are playing a practice on your iPhone you can get extra information directly on your wrist. See the current pose, time remaining, heart rate, calories burned, and much more. You can even control your practice directly from your Apple Watch.
The “Pose of the Day” Widget helps you learn the names of the poses by showing you a different pose each day. You can see the name of the daily pose in English, Sanskrit and even in Devanagari script. Also tap on the pose image to launch Pocket Yoga and go directly to that pose.
What's New in Version 8.0.1 - 8.0.4
• Technical fixes.
What's New in Version 8.0.0
• Full support for iOS 12 with special focus on the new iPhones and Apple Watch
• Improvements to the Apple Watch app
• New feature: Use Siri shortcuts to quickly start your favorite practice
• Technical fixes
MORE ON APPLE WATCH IMPROVEMENTS
• Control the volume directly from your watch while you are practicing
• Calorie readings from Apple Watch are sent to the iPhone and can be displayed on screen
• Calorie samples are now associated with your workout
• Improved performance
MORE ON SIRI SHORTCUTS
Siri will now suggest practices that you have enjoyed in the past directly on your Home or Lock screen. Quickly start your favorite yoga practice by tapping on one of these Siri shortcuts. Pocket Yoga will launch and your practice will begin. Take it one step further, by creating your own custom shortcut to your favorite practice from the new Siri Shortcuts app.
If you’re enjoying Pocket Yoga, please leave us a review or rating in the App Store. It really helps us. Namaste!
Ratings and Reviews
Great Yoga App!
I downloaded this a few weeks ago to help increase my flexibility and overall physical health. I scoured the App Store looking at the different apps and this one seemed to be the best... and it has not disappointed! I’m not a yoga expert by any means, but this app has been great in challenging my body to bend in ways I had not attempted since high school (15 years ago!). The great part about it is that I can stream the sessions on my TV through my AppleTV from my iPhone and see my progress on my AppleWatch. The “teacher” doesn’t include any chit-chat throughout the lesson like other yoga videos I’ve tried; she just says the moves as you make your way though the routine.
Overall, my flexibility has increased, my stress has gone down, and I have been sleeping better. My husband thinks it is a little whacky, but intrigued nonetheless, so I’m hoping he’ll join me one day - he’s not going to have the same metabolism forever! Yogis of all levels, if you’re debating this app, get it!
Good But Needs Improvement...
Purchased this app over a year ago and was originally impressed with it, I feel now that it needs a few updates. Back when I purchased it, the “create your own routine” was available and imbedded in this original app. I am very disheartened to see it is now a separate app or bundle purchase that I would need to repurchase. That’s pretty bad!
There REALLY needs to be more variety in the routines, not just 3 routines in each of the sections. There is way too much boredom happening! There has to be some variation! Without offering the ability to create your own routine WITHIN this original app, I say skip it! Not worth the money! There HAS to be more updates!
On top of that, I would like to see shorter session offerings. I allot myself only 15 minutes in the morning and usually do another short session in the afternoon. Not everyone can fit in a 30 minute minimum routine every day. I hate to say this, but it may be time to switch apps!
Really good even for beginner
I read the reviews before downloading...many said that you really needed some amount of yoga experience to use this app well. I disagree. I have never done any yoga, I don't know any terms or any poses. I did a beginner "class" with this app and it was fine. It does move fairly quickly from one pose to the next in a few places and I could not always keep up, but I am guessing that this would be the case in a "real live" class as well. Once I know the names of the poses, it will be easy enough to get where I need to be. When I was slow responding, fine, let it go, I would just jump back in on the next pose.
I am sure my posture was a bit off, at least some of the time; but as long as you can look at the picture and see where your body should be, you should get it right fairly soon. Everything has a learning curve, whether you have someone teaching you or are learning on your own.
I do have a bit of an advantage; I have been a world medalist in a martial art which requires me to get my body in the right position quickly, and to be able to move from one to another randomly, quickly, and accurately. However, the positions required by yoga poses are nothing I have ever done before.
I like this app and would recommend it to anyone who has any interest in yoga.
- Rainfrog, LLC
- 186.5 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2009-2018 Rainfrog, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.