By Rainfrog, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
‣ "The Best App For Practicing Yoga" - Mac|Life
‣ Selected by CNN as one of the "10 great mobile health apps" of 2012
‣ Featured by Apple in "Get in Shape", "Let's Get Moving", "10 Essentials" and "New and Noteworthy"
The practice of yoga becomes beneficial when done on a regular basis. With Pocket Yoga you can keep up with your practice at your own pace and schedule in the comforts of your own home. Simply set your device in front of your mat, start a practice, and Pocket Yoga will guide you through your entire session.
Choose between 3 different practices, 3 different difficulty levels and 3 different durations. A total of 27 different sessions!
Practices in Pocket Yoga are the unique and original creative design of the renowned school of Gaia Flow Yoga.
• Detailed voice and visual instruction guides you through every pose, including each inhalation and exhalation.
• Over 200 beautifully illustrated pose images showing correct posture and alignment.
• Dictionary of poses containing the descriptions and benefits of each pose.
• Unlock new environments as you progress in your yoga journey.
• Quickly preview a practice to see if it's right for you before you start.
• Maintains an ongoing log of all your yoga practices to track your progress.
• Practices designed by experienced yoga instructors.
• Ability to play music from your music library in place of the default music. You can even play music through iTunes Radio or other apps will Pocket Yoga is running.
• AirPlay and TV out support! Play the practices on your TV by connecting wirelessly through your Apple TV or with the corresponding AV cables.
What's New in Version 3.2.0
• Music improvements:
- Choose a list of songs for each section of the practice (not just a single song).
- Improved playlist creation interface.
- Play music from iTunes Radio or other music apps while you practice.
• Added new poses.
• Added ability to print the practices. Look for the Print button in the Preview screen.
• Improved searching in the pose dictionary. Some poses now contain alternate names.
• Technical fixes.
Great app for a beginner like me. I also like the library of poses. One commenter mention that not all of the poses are used in the practice... They are right to an extent if you begin to look at the expert level or extend your timeframe from say 30 minutes to 45 or 60, the app introduces more poses. And I think this app can be a great starting point for anyone interested in yoga. My only criticism of the app is that some of the poses seem hurried and don't allow a beginner like me enough time to transition from one pose to the next. Otherwise, this is a great app!
My Little Yoga Studio Around the World
I'm traveling for 12 solid months, and this app has been a godsend. No distracting ads or video clips. Decent music (with option to use my own), simple, quality graphics. And enough variations that I can practice several times a week without getting bored. I've practiced at various studios before, so I have the benefit of familiarity with poses/transitions. I'd recommend this app to anyone who already has a healthy knowledge of basic yoga and needs a pocket studio to take on their travels.
Super excellent app to introduce yourself to yoga. I have a terrible back so of course yoga helps but this app helped me build myself up to the level of advanced yoga classes (which I attend now). I am still not the best with the names and poses so even tho I regularly go to classes now this is great to have at home when I need a little yoga in my life. App does a good job with vinyasa and my ski racing numbers have improved a crap ton. Yoga is awesome and everyone should do it. This is a great way to start!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Feb 18, 2014
- Version: 3.2.0
- Size: 105 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: RAINFROG LLC
- © 2009-2014 Rainfrog, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- 3 Karma Points$0.99
- 100 Karma Points$9.99
- 25 Karma Points$4.99