The Hero - 2nd Edition
By Chillingo Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Take to the skies and live the high life as a muscle-bound, superhero playboy. Catch falling babies, douse towering infernos, battle giant insects and thwack thieving crooks as you amass ever-increasing fame and adulation. The Hero is a lightning-fast arcade romp that sizzles with comic book style, sassy characters and superhuman gameplay.
TouchArcade: "The Hero' is a Highly Stylized and Manic Superhero Escapade!"
PocketGamer: "The Hero is a highly polished game that’s easy to pick up and contains plenty of heroic hilarity! 8/10 rating"
TouchGen: "The Hero is tremendous arcade style fun. For only $1.99 it certainly packs a punch! 4/5 rating"
Though his true identity is unknown, the one they call The Hero lives the fast-track, whirlwind life of an A-list celebrity. Speeding from world-threatening crises to world famous interviews, he’s a deliciously enigmatic mystery to his adoring fans and a fearsome force of destruction to his enemies.
The Hero’s arch-nemesis, the deranged evil screwball Dr. Hubbub, is at large once again and bent on taking over the world’s glitziest cities in a maelstrom of chaos and all out bedlam. As the world teeters on the brink of catastrophe, the Chief and his voluptuous secretary, Miss Rose, turn to The Hero to save the world from the diabolical plans of the nefarious Dr. Hubbub.
Fly to the rescue, arcing gracefully through gorgeous cityscapes as you speed to the aid of scores of helpless victims. Call upon Freeze, Boom and Zapp powers to wallop Dr. Hubbub’s evil henchmen into submission.
Fill the Fame meter and The Hero’s ego by dishing out high fives to your adoring fans as you soar past their windows.
• Gameplay Modes: Fight Dr. Hubbub’s crime wave in cities around the world in Campaign Mode, or battle an endless onslaught of sinister villains in Survival Mode.
• Three Super Powers: Freeze, Boom and Zapp! for dispatching nameless minions in style.
• Over 20 Different Enemy Units: Powerful clashes ranging from snake bots and satellites to zombies and the military.
• Over 20 (slightly) Insane Awards: Boast about your superhero flair by unlocking new achievements and awards – including one that involves electrocuting a baby!
• Two Difficulty Levels: Dismantle Dr. Hubbub’s evil empire at your own pace in Easy mode, or go after hard-earned fame and fortune in Hard mode.
• Two Control Options: Choose between a d-pad or tilt controls to maneuver The Hero on his daring, crime fighting antics.
• Classic 2D Visuals complete with frenetic screen-filling battles lushly detailed cities all served up in a vivid comic book style.
• Save four international metropolises from Dr. Hubbub’s chaotic attempts at world domination.
• 15 Campaign Levels: Tackle a dizzying range of different objectives and challenges.
• Online Leader Boards: Showcase your superhuman gaming powers by posting your sky-high scores online.
• Hip toe-tapping soundtrack by renowned electro artist JESSE.
• Enhanced mode for iPhone 3GS owners, boosting The Hero’s already lightening fast speeds to 60 frames per second.
What's New in Version 1.1
- A Fully revised gameplay and scoring model
- 3 Brand New minigames
* Bomb Run
- Levels are now packed with even more action
- New super bonus from high five streaks
One of my new favorite games.
I love this game! I think it's great. People complain about the controls but I think that's part of the fun and challenge of the game. If you look at the achievements the harder challenges test your ability to fly. The concept is original, the graphics are awesome and the game play is fun.
One of the best games out there
This game is awesom, I don't understand why people keep saying it's hard n it's hard to control when really is not, I like the fact that there is action everywhere. If you hapen to make " the hero 2" please put some more powers n different places to play
Lots of fun. Great looking game with great gameplay to boot. Had my eye on it for a while and saw that they did a big update and called it second edition so I thought might as well. At .99 the game is well worth my $ and time .
- Category: Games
- Updated: Aug 05, 2010
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 36.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Chillingo Ltd
- © Traplight Games
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.