Soulver is a beautiful notepad calculator app that you will love. It has a new interface that is far more useful than a traditional style calculator, which lets you do calculations over multiple lines, and use words alongside numbers, so that they make sense. Use it for quick calculations, calculations involving variables & percentages, unit conversions, and for thinking through problems that involve math.
WHY SOULVER IS BETTER THAN A TRADITIONAL CALCULATOR:
– Instant answers as you type.
– Spread your calculations over multiple lines, and edit mistakes if you make them.
– Reference previous answers by tapping on them. These are live references, like in a spreadsheet.
– Easy percentage calculations using natural phrases like "15% off $350”, or "$250 + 12% tax", or "40 as a % of 390".
– Supports over 150 currencies (including Bitcoin), and has a specially designed currency keyboard for quick conversions.
– Custom variables across all your documents, and a special keyboard for quick access to them.
– All standard math and programming functions, also available on specially designed keyboards.
– Save your calculations into documents.
Soulver is also available for macOS.
– Sort files by date or name.
– Added support for editing files from other providers 'in place' (hold down on the + button, and choose 'Open file...')
– Added a bulk draft deleting feature, accessible through settings.
– Undo/redo with standard keystrokes on physical keyboards.
– Added command-plus and command-minus keystrokes for changing font size, and command-N for new file.
– Support for "redo" (hold down on the undo button)
– All currencies now provided by CurrencyLayer.
– Fixed a bug where "cut" would delete but not place the contents onto the pasteboard.
– Fixed a bug where opening the previously open file would sometimes fail.
– Fixed a couple of visual issues on iPhone X.
Notes on Dropbox support:
– Unfortunately we've had to remove integrated Dropbox support in this release as it has been causing random crashes since they moved to v2 of their API.
– You can still open/edit your Dropbox files by holding down on the "+" button and choosing "Open file...".
– We recommend using iCloud syncing as a replacement.
Ratings and Reviews
App Crashes Everytime I Use It
I love the concept of the app because I'm able to keep up with my weekly budgets and be able to label the amounts. But the app crashes every single time I use it. I get the error message that I can't use this title, then it tells me that this draft cannot be saved. One I get those messages I can hit save as many times as I want to and it won't do anything. I have to force close the app multiple times to get it to work, and then delete all the blank drafts it created when I was getting error messages, yet the app was still creating new drafts. It's extremely frustrating. I only put up with it because the app is so useful; if I found a good replacement I would definitely stop using this one.
Game changing on the Mac, but useless on IOS
This app has been an incredible productivity booster on the Mac....which makes a very serious bug which the IOS app appears to suffer from even more frustrating. Here’s the problem: the IOS app doesn’t seem to be able to open Soulver files that are created on the Mac app. I don’t think there is a problem in the other direction, i.e., IOS to Mac...but Mac to IOS simply fails to function. I should add that this problem occurs when starting at Apples Files App and selecting a file that is saved somewhere on iCloud from the Files App (not when starting at the Soulver app...and the problem with starting at the Soulver app is that the Soulver app only makes files saved in Soulver’s dedicated iCloud space accessible — it is not able to access other locations on iCloud.) PLEASE please correct this problem?
A word of caution to users and fix request from developers
Soulver is a great application, but I found one major issue - tapping on the Delete for a second, will bring up a popup to clear the whole line, or Clear All. If pushed by mistake, there is no way to undo!!!
That's a serious flaw! Since it happened to me already a couple of times, and made me lose all calculations, that I had no backup to.
This is especially frustrating, especially after constructing very long formulas. Everything is gone in a blink of an eye!
Suggestions to fix this:
Either adding support to the native shake device to undo, or add a popup window, asking the user, to confirm, they intended to completely clear all calculations!
This issue been existing for the past few versions. Was hoping this would be discovered and fixed, but since it hasn't, I decided to let users and developers know of it.
And that's the reason I gave it 3 stars only, at this point.
- Acqualia Software
- 9.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Danish, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018, Acqualia Software
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.