AccuWeather Platinum - Weather for Life
By AccuWeather International, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Stay connected to the latest in weather forecasting with AccuWeather Platinum – Weather for Life. This award winning weather app now includes crowdsourcing with AccUcast™ and features AccuWeather MinuteCast®, available for more countries and for more minutes than any other minute-by-minute precipitation forecast. Supporting Apple Watch™, this app offers the same world-class, synchronized app experience on iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch devices.
• AccUcast™ – Become part of the forecast by sharing your weather observations to help people in your community stay safe from hazardous weather and road conditions. View the real-time crowdsourced map with weather conditions submitted by users all over the world in a global animation display.
• AccuWeather MinuteCast® – minute-by-minute precipitation forecasts for the next two hours hyper-localized to your exact street address or GPS location. Includes precipitation type and intensity, and start and end times for precipitation. Available for the contiguous United States, Canada, Sweden, Denmark, United Kingdom, Ireland, Japan, France, Spain, Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Netherlands, Luxembourg, and a growing list of global locations.
• Apple Watch Support – featuring AccuWeather MinuteCast, current conditions details, and severe weather alerts. When there is a severe weather alert for your favorite location, you will be notified by a tap sensation from the Watch and a low audible sound. Current conditions details include location, temperature and high and low for the day, wind speed, times for sunrise or sunset, and RealFeel Temperature® – AccuWeather’s proprietary forecast that shows the user how the temperature actually feels outside to a person in that exact location.
• A widget available so you can see a summary of what you can expect from the day’s weather on your Today screen in the Notification Center, includes AccuWeather MinuteCast.
• Pushed severe weather alerts to keep you out of the storm.
• Immediately descriptive weather animations illustrating the weather forecast for right now, each of the next 72 hours, and each of the next 25 days.
• Animated weather radar and maps for tracking the storm’s path. Weather radar available in the United States, Canada, Northern Europe, and Japan.
• Top-Trending weather videos from AccuWeather's Video Wall.
• Forecasting for all your favorite locations – every location on Earth.
Other popular features include:
• Your Daily Snapshot shown front-and-center when you open the app – a summary of what you can expect from the day’s weather.
• The Local Forecast Summary, a brief summary of what you can expect from the weather over the next 3-5 days for your location.
• Customizable current weather conditions detail – hide the detail that you don’t care about.
• Option to select persistent GPS tracking to get your current weather data as quickly as possible. (Please Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.)
• Interactive elements highlighted throughout the app for easy navigation.
Download AccuWeather Platinum – Weather for Life today and experience the Superior Accuracy™ that comes from high-quality weather forecasting.
What's New in Version 9.2.1
This release provides the following updates:
• Performance Improvements and Bug Fixes
We truly appreciate your feedback and want to hear from you. Please take a moment to provide a review so that we can continue to make our product better.
Accurate for me in Minnesota
(iPhone 6s, iOS 9.2.1)
The videos are so worthless!! Why can't they at least be about weather forecasts? Something relevant?
- Can no longer rearrange sections
- Still doesn't respect background refresh setting
- Still don't like scrolling into the map
Love the new interface colors! It's easier to read when outdoors. Love the new back-to-top button too.
I've always liked the apps that have crowd reporting so I can see what conditions people around me are dealing with, especially during severe winter storms.
The animations look great, scrolling is smooth, and the information has been quite accurate for me in Minnesota. I really like the little section that gives upcoming weather information so I can quickly look ahead into the week and know what's coming. I've also found the MinuteCast to be more accurate for me than Dark Sky (typically).
This app excels in so many areas, though one thing I would like to see added is an air quality or allergy section (perhaps it could share the same rectangle as the sun as moon and we could toggle between them like in the hourly section).
New is not better!
Update 9.2 Review
-Removed the ability to rearrange weather info panels. Prior to this update, you could at least move the intrusive video panel to the bottom, now you're stuck with whatever layout the app chooses.
I'm not really a fan of the new UI. I would love the ability to remove/hide the video section which just gets in the way of quickly viewing the extended forecast. I also don't care for the radar screen which now automatically opens when you scroll to it, but won't exit until you tap the "X". Even on the 6s the scrolling is not very smooth. I thought the app was perfect before this recent update. I don't like how the UI pulls up an additional section of weather from the main temperature screen when you first open the app. Make it all one scrolling screen.
NEED to fix city search
This app is great, and it deserves 5 stars in my opinion, but what should be a simple action has been driving me insane, so I feel the need to speak up as I will delete the app if it is not fixed with the next update. When you search for a new city to see the weather, there is ZERO rhyme or reason to what city auto populates up as you type. For example, I am in Boston and want to search for Wellesley, a neighboring town. As I type in "W" the auto populated list is entirely cities in CHINA! Typing in the "E" gives more China, and you don't even see Wellesley until you get to "Well", and it is fourth on the page after Wellington, NZ, Wellington, ZA (Zaire I assume), and Welland Ontario. This is very simple to fix - USE the location services when searching! If this is not fixed I will move on to the next weather app.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Jan 12, 2016
- Version: 9.2.1
- Size: 90.1 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: AccuWeather International, Inc.
- © 2015 AccuWeather, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.