AccuWeather Platinum - Weather for Life
By AccuWeather International, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Stay connected to the latest in weather forecasting with AccuWeather – Weather for Life. This free, award winning weather app now includes crowdsourcing with AccUcast™ and features AccuWeather MinuteCast®, available for more countries and for more minutes than any other minute-by-minute precipitation forecast. Supporting Apple Watch™, this app offers the same world-class, synchronized app experience across all your iOS devices.
• AccUcast™ – Become part of the forecast by sharing your weather observations to help people in your community stay safe from hazardous weather and road conditions. View the real-time crowdsourced map with weather conditions submitted by users all over the world in a global animation display.
• AccuWeather MinuteCast® – minute-by-minute precipitation forecasts for the next two hours hyper-localized to your exact street address or GPS location. Includes precipitation type and intensity, and start and end times for precipitation. Available for the contiguous United States, Canada, Sweden, Denmark, United Kingdom, Ireland, Japan, France, Spain, Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Netherlands, Luxembourg, and a growing list of global locations.
• Apple Watch Support – featuring AccuWeather MinuteCast, current conditions details, and severe weather alerts. When there is a severe weather alert for your favorite location, you will be notified by a tap sensation from the Watch and a low audible sound. Current conditions details include location, temperature and high and low for the day, wind speed, times for sunrise or sunset, and RealFeel Temperature® – AccuWeather’s proprietary forecast that shows the user how the temperature actually feels outside to a person in that exact location.
• Option to automatically download the app to all of your iOS devices.
• Widgets available so you can see a summary of what you can expect from the day’s weather on your Today screen in the Notification Center, includes AccuWeather MinuteCast.
• Pushed severe weather alerts to keep you out of the storm.
• Immediately descriptive weather animations illustrating the weather forecast for right now, each of the next 72 hours, and each of the next 15 days.
• Animated weather radar and maps for tracking the storm’s path. Weather radar available in the United States, Canada, Northern Europe, and Japan.
• Top-Trending weather videos from AccuWeather's Video Wall.
• Forecasting for all your favorite locations – every location on Earth.
Other popular features include:
• Your Daily Snapshot shown front-and-center when you open the app – a summary of what you can expect from the day’s weather.
• The Local Forecast Summary, a brief summary of what you can expect from the weather over the next 3-5 days for your location.
• Customizable current weather conditions detail – hide the detail that you don’t care about.
• Interactive elements highlighted throughout the app for easy navigation.
Download AccuWeather – Weather for Life today for free and experience the Superior Accuracy™ that comes from high-quality weather forecasting across your iOS devices.
What's New in Version 9.0
New in Version 9:
• We have completely overhauled our interface based on the feedback we have received from our users. Our fresh new design has clean lines, colors, and modern icons, making the digital experience more appealing, intuitive, and easier to read than ever before.
• Instant access to AccuWeather’s top-trending weather video content.
• Persistent navigation that provides easy access to features such as:
• Redesigned Location Management where you can add, remove, and organize your favorite locations.
• Swipe left to quickly access forecasts from your saved locations.
• Option to allow for always on GPS tracking for faster loading and immediate access to your current locations weather conditions.
• Day and Night weather details are now available within the “Daily Forecast” and “Looking Ahead” sections.
I've been searching, downloading, and deleting weather apps for a couple of years and I keep coming back to Accuweather. It's the only of them I've never deleted because I find it to be the most accurate weather app and it also gets the fastest update. If accuweather and the other couple I have show NO rain right now, if it's actually raining slightly, the Accuweather would be the first of them to change the actual status to "light rain". Others change it much later, or may not even bother to change it at all.
I love it, I trust it and I will never delete it from my phone. The only thing annoys me is that after the last update, it's got a "videos" section in the middle of the weather data, which is always in my way when I scroll down to check the forecast. I understand this has been the clients' requests (that's what they told me) but it would help if they made it so you can personalize the app by being able to move the app sections around. If enabled, I would move the videos section all the way at the bottom....I really never open the Accuweather to watch videos, but to check the weather.
It's the most reliable of all anyway!
Not that great
In previous versions it would take forever to load only to then crash, reopening the app it would work.
The latest update fixed the crashing, but I really don't like the new scroll on it, makes the app really clunky.
As for accuracy, I found its rain ETA wasn't accurate at all, constantly updating the ETA only for it to never rain at all in most instances of it.
I can load two weather apps and both have different temps for the area, and checking local weather on tv (being accurate as its local), neither app matched the local TV weather.
I do like the map/radar though, even if it does take a while for it to run the animation, I also like that you can report the weather from your location. I would be interested in another weather app if anyone has a recommendation for a more accurate app. 2 stars is the best I can rate this one.
Another great update just made this better! The best weather app by far. I have tried them all and one by one, deleted them. Accuweather is simply perfect and continues to get better.
Wow, this update is simply perfect. My only complaint had been the hourly forecast was difficult to read and the long loading times. This update takes care of both of those. Has everything you need. Great radar, two hour hyperlocal forecast, accuracy and the widgets are great. So long to all my other weather apps. And I have literally tried around 50 different ones. Simply Perfect.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Nov 09, 2015
- Version: 9.0
- Size: 90.0 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: AccuWeather International, Inc.
- © 2015 AccuWeather, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.