AccuWeather Platinum - Weather for Life
By AccuWeather International, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Stay connected to the latest forecast with AccuWeather – Weather for Life. This award winning weather app features AccuWeather MinuteCast®, the leading minute-by-minute precipitation forecast that is hyper-localized to your exact street address – all without any advertising! Now supporting iOS 8, this app offers the same world-class, synchronized app experience across your iOS devices.
• AccuWeather MinuteCast® – minute-by-minute precipitation forecasts for the next two hours hyper-localized to your exact street address or GPS location. Includes precipitation type and intensity, and start and end times for precipitation. Available for the contiguous United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Japan, France, Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Netherlands, Luxembourg, and a growing list of global locations.
• Option to automatically download the app to all of your iOS devices.
• Widgets now available! See a summary of what you can expect from the day’s weather on your Today screen in the Notification Center, includes AccuWeather MinuteCast.
• Pushed severe weather alerts to keep you out of the storm.
• Immediately descriptive weather animations illustrating the weather forecast for right now, each of the next 72 hours, and each of the next 25 days.
• Animated weather radar and maps for tracking the storm’s path. Weather radar available in the United States, Canada, Northern Europe, and Japan.
• Easy swiping between screens for your weather details – no need to navigate to app menus.
• Forecasting for all your favorite locations – any longitude/latitude on Earth.
Other popular features include:
• Your Daily Snapshot shown front-and-center when you open the app – a summary of what you can expect from the day’s weather.
• The Local Forecast Summary, a brief summary of what you can expect from the weather over the next 3-5 days for your location.
• Customizable current weather conditions detail – hide the detail that you don’t care about.
• Interactive elements highlighted throughout the app in blue for easy navigation.
Download AccuWeather – Weather for Life today for a one-time fee of $3.99 and experience the Superior Accuracy™ that comes from high-quality weather forecasting without any advertising across your iOS devices.
What's New in Version 8.1.0
In version 8.1.0
For this update, we focused on stability and knocked-out quite a few bugs. We’re sorry for any inconvenience.
Please take a moment to leave us a review. Your feedback is much appreciated!
It’s kind of nice to look at, but that’s about all I can say for it. I saw this on a Macworld article of best weather apps, so I decided to give it a try. I bought it despite reviews mentioning slow loading times (proved to be true) and crashes on the radar map (also true). It’s sort of fun to play around with, but it’s not at all helpful as far as forecasts go. Last night it said this morning would be clear, mid 30s and no precipitation. Woke up to 20 degree weather and two inches of snow on the ground. The minutecast is a great idea in concept but laughably inaccurate. Every time it’s snowing or raining I check the minutecast just for laughs and it just about always says “no precipitation for 120 minutes”. I want to like it. I really do.
Frequent updates are great!
Im so happy to see the bugs I ran into have been addressed in this update. Great work! One of the main reasons I love this app is for that reason, updates!!
Scrolling is really smooth. The animations look great, and the information has been quite accurate for me in Minnesota. I really like the little section that gives upcoming weather information so I can quickly look ahead into the week and know what's coming. I've also found the MinuteCast to be more accurate for me than Dark Sky (typically).
Unpredictable Weather no matter what app you use.
Forecast seem to be wrong daily, do you think the weather in my area is unpredictable? Weather is changing rapidly on a daily overnight here so I'm old schooling the weather here now simply going out side to know the actual. Crazy weather but to be a expected considering earth, sun and atmosphere changes. Other than no correct reading or predictions the look is great and functions. It used to work just fine but not for the past year. By the way this is not the only app that is not predicting the weather properly FYI.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Feb 16, 2015
- Version: 8.1.0
- Size: 59.9 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, En, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hu, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Ko, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: AccuWeather International, Inc.
- © 2015 AccuWeather, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.