BuzzFeed has it all: the stories and quizzes trending on social, the news you want now, and the recipes and life tips you didn’t know you needed.
• Never be bored again with the best mix of News, Videos, Quizzes, and Lists
• Watch your favorite BuzzFeed shows like Tasty, Nifty, Goodful, Try Guys, Violet, and Ladylike
• Use the Explore tab to dive into your favorite topics like Food, Celebrity, Animals, DIY, LGBT, and more
• Use the Trending section to see what stories are about to go viral
• One tap to share stories with Email, Messages, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and more
• Share individual images and videos from within stories. Just tap the image for options!
• Bookmark posts you want to come back to and sync them with all your devices
• Get push notifications for trending stories so you’re always in the loop
• Comment on a post or click the reaction button to share your opinion
If you have any trouble with your app please email us at email@example.com so we can help!
And don’t forget to check out BuzzFeed.com when you’re on your laptop!
Note: Our properties may also feature Nielsen's proprietary measurement software which may contribute to market research, like Nielsen's TV Ratings. Nielsen's software may collect your choices with regards to it.
Another fortnight, another release! This time we have fixed a pesky bug that made it hard to read some text in your favorite quizzes. We have also moved the profile button back to it’s proper place!
Thanks, as always, for your wonderful feedback.
Ratings and Reviews
Potential to be a good reader app but has flaws
Videos won't load and when you come across a post with tumblr links embedded in it, all you see are links. Also when I'm reading on my phone and scrolling down, the app misreads and sometimes swipes left or right instead of down. I now prefer just going through Buzzfeed using Safari so that I can see all the posts, watch videos, and don't have to worry about the story swiping left or right when all I wanted was for it to scroll down. Until these glitches are fixed I won't be using the app.
Update: the above was written a few years ago and some have improved significantly. However, I’ve been using the app so often that I forgot what the desktop and mobile version were like. I recently went on at work and I felt like it was discovery after discovery. Meaning, there were so many NEW stories and articles to read. I am an avid social media user so I pretty much finish the app’s content within a few hours. When I come back there’s really no new news. But after perusing the desktop recently I realized it’s just the app that’s lacking and not the site.
It’s great, but there’s one thing I would change...
So I signed up for Buzzfeed a few weeks ago but rarely ever used it. I got the app a couple days ago because I wanted to write and article. I went and signed in and everything, but I can’t write an article through the app. At first I thought, “Well, maybe it doesn’t work very well through the app. Let’s try the website!”
So I go on my computer and log onto the website. Everything was working just fine until I logged in. Like I’ll go onto the website and everything’s fine and then I’ll click log in and it’ll take me to the log in page. I’ll fill in my information and click enter, but then it just takes me to a white screen. The page is completely loaded but the screen is just white. I’m connected to the WiFi, I reload the page, I try it again, but nothing. It’s just a white screen. And I tried other websites to make sure it wasn’t just my computer, but other sites worked just fine. No issues.
I don’t know it still might just be my computer, but if not, I would really like this fixed so I can just write this article. Thank you!
Ads are Killing the Experience
I love Buzzfeed’s content. There is something for everyone. Every time I go on, I can find something interesting. However, the ads are killing the experience, especially on the app. I get it; Buzzfeed needs to bring in revenue. Ads do that. But recently I have noticed more ads than ever. This would normally be annoying but expected and easy to ignore, except that they are getting in the way. Ads pop open and close, thus adjusting the screen display. I have to scroll up or down, often repeatedly, in order to get back to where I was in an article. Sometimes if I accidentally touch an ad as I am scrolling through an article, I am automatically redirected away from Buzzfeed (thankfully this doesn’t happen as much as it used to). Most recently, and most annoyingly, I have found that article related pictures in the app will not load after the first ad. I have tried reloading articles, reloading the app, and even rebooting my phone. It is simply a glitch of some kind. There has to be a better way to generate revenue without ruining the experience for users.
- 77.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- English, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © Copyright 2017 BuzzFeed, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.