By EpIPhone Coders' Guild
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iMeetingPad replaces the standard notepad you used to bring to meetings before the iPad era dawned. Does your notepad connect to the projector? Can your notepad bring the applause or laugh track? Can it wake dozing colleagues with a cock crow? iMeetingPad can!
Of course you will type serious notes or make silly doodles, but iMeetingPad also helps you with your sketching with basic drawing tools and a collection of clip-art images to drop in. Unlike your old paper pad, iMeetingPad offers unlimited pages in unlimited separate documents (meetings). Also unlike your old system, you can edit your doodles, shapes, images and text at any time, move, size, rotate them or change their color with ease. Easily swipe through your pages of notes and enjoy Apple's standard but sexy page turn graphics, or just jump to any page instantly, with a touch.
And iMeetingPad supports your projector, letting you send your notes and graphics out to a projector or TV connected using Apple's video adapter cable (not included). Draw on your iPad while your colleagues watch in awe and envy on the big screen.
iMeetingPad also lets you save your notes to a PDF file and email them directly from within the app. Any text typed into the pad is also extracted from the PDF and included in the body of your email, making it easy to paste into your desktop applications or search for in your email system. Of course you can just delete all that from the email, and spend the meeting writing totally unrelated emails... we won't tell.
iMeetingPad was designed from the ground up for your iPad by a team that has had professional business apps on the AppStore since opening day.
- Designed for iPad!
- Draw lines, freehand drawing, filled or open shapes and images from a collection of included clip art
- Object-oriented drawing lets you move end edit drawn elements at any time
- Constrained drawing mode: use 2 fingers to make perfect squares, circles, or lines that are horizontal or vertical
- Nudge mode lets you move, rotate or scale your element by small, precise increments
- Large collection of clip art easily extended with images from your iPad photo album
- Lifelike paper and chalkboard background textures
- Handy sound effects wake up your meetings with a touch, from a toilet flushing to a laughing audience, iMeetingPad lets you quickly express yourself, without saying a word.
- Font favorites keep your font menu manageable: pick which fonts you want to see from the iPad's large list of fonts. Add or remove favorites any time.
- Meetings include metadata that store the time and date, purpose (if any), and the meeting attendees
- Email PDF version, with text from pad also included in body of email, for your convenience
- Search meetings by contents, tags, attendees purpose, or all of the above.
- In-meeting tweeting! Yup twitter away those less interesting meetings by sending your own pithy tweets and keeping an eye on those you follow. Silently!
- Intuitive interface with multi-touch gestures:
1-finger drag to make current shape: draw out a text box, make a line or shape, place a sprite or just draw
2-finger drag with line or shape tool constrains shapes to perfect square size, lines to horizontal or vertical
1-finger tap to select element, repeated single taps cycles selection through elements under tap
2-finger single tap on selected element brings it to front
3-finger single tap on selected element pushes it to the back
1-finger double tap on selected element to edit properties
2-finger double tap adds the current sprite image at tap location
2-finger drag on selected in move mode to duplicate element
2-finger tap on rotation widget to jump 30 degrees
Pinch and rotate on selected element to scale and rotate
Swipe left or right on page bottom to go to next or previous page, respectively
What's New in Version 1.7.0
Update Meeting Tweeting to access Twitter using the more secure OAuth protocol, which they now require. Includes the popular Twitter+OAuth code by Ben Gottlieb
Multi-stroke drawing: freehand drawing elements can be composed of multiple drawings, and extended after they are drawn.
Add sprites through iTunes File Sharing!
More sprites: We added some so you don't have to!
Just Try Writing on Screen
I was very hopeful that this application would allow me to write on my tablet screen and have the results projected onto a monitor or projector. Try printing a word - the app makes each stroke a new picture - terrible. This sure won't work for me. Maybe someone can figure out how to actually print words on the screen with this. How can you draw a picture without using words to label parts of the picture - type words and try to move them around? Try that with an audience and see how fast they fall asleep!
Until this app does that, I sure would not buy it. But if you want to draw a few lines and have them on a monitor, it does do that. For $5 not much to show for it.
I really love this app and was using it just the other day. The update brings some small but very nice add ons. Keep up the excellent work!
Poor investment - live and learn
Really sorry I spent the $$ on this one. It's not very useful. The value of the sprites makes no sense. Nice fonts don't make up for the difficulty of using this app. Two and three finger gestures very difficult to execute on ultra tiny symbols. In my view, this is really a graphics program with several different elements. Supposedly you can use VGA connection to display the pages created. I'm not willing to go there until such time I could be convinced this is really a useful app. Until then, this one is going into the ho-hum pile. Very disappointed and seriously considering deletion to recapture some space on the iPad.